Srixon Z F85 Fairway Woods & Z H85 Hybrids

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These look like they are going to be good :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want that utility something bad. They look so damn good.

Any pictures of the hybrids though? I’ve been waiting for Srixon to bring out a hybrid I’d be interested in, and seeing the woods this year has me interested.

I see in Japan they are offering the 5 and 6 hybrid. Are those going to be offered in US?

I currently have both of these in for review. Will get some opening thoughts up later this morning, but first what everyone wants, some in hand photos. First the fairway wood.

i-SqtMRbV-XL.jpg

i-6xPVpG4-XL.jpg

i-3f46wLP-XL.jpg

i-HcDzX5N-XL.jpg

i-LNfhnJj-XL.jpg

i-dsL8bDs-XL.jpg

i-VzG8wkF-XL.jpg

i-wVLNFfq-XL.jpg

oh and I really like how this one came out.

i-NC43kR7-XL.jpg

and now for the hybrid...

i-5sDSLGP-XL.jpg

i-RzTvtjB-XL.jpg

i-GSrQqS5-XL.jpg

i-MdXHScR-XL.jpg

i-p8k53G5-XL.jpg

i-jfKsmpz-XL.jpg

i-7qcvCGk-XL.jpg

i-pQkDvLn-XL.jpg

Very pretty irons!!

I'm glad you got these in for review Dean - beautiful pics.

A couple questions - tech wise what differentiates the hybrid from the Cleveland one? I see the hibore crown has made its way to these.

I love the looks of the sole, but is it me or do the little notches near the face look a little like Hammerhead?

Lastly, the 3w looks to have a deeper face. Guessing the hb crown helps with launch. Look curious to your thoughts in that regard. Do you know what lofts these are being offered in?

I'm glad you got these in for review Dean - beautiful pics.

A couple questions - tech wise what differentiates the hybrid from the Cleveland one? I see the hibore crown has made its way to these.

I love the looks of the sole, but is it me or do the little notches near the face look a little like Hammerhead?

Lastly, the 3w looks to have a deeper face. Guessing the hb crown helps with launch. Look curious to your thoughts in that regard. Do you know what lofts these are being offered in?

I'm running around right now getting ready for work so I will answer those a bit later this AM if that's cool. But I anticipated the Cleveland Hybrid question so I snapped these to show some shape differences.

aadf21829f956fbae194cc6d6d64e8ed.jpg

d8eeb711335aba71d6574ca28a5cd8dc.jpg

I'm running around right now getting ready for work so I will answer those a bit later this AM if that's cool. But I anticipated the Cleveland Hybrid question so I snapped these to show some shape differences.

aadf21829f956fbae194cc6d6d64e8ed.jpg

d8eeb711335aba71d6574ca28a5cd8dc.jpg

No rush and thanks Dean. I do prefer the more rounded sole of the Srixon and they appear to be a little less deep, probably because of that.

they look good, but this is the one part of the line up where I think I prefer the look of the Cleveland stuff

Not sure what I think of the look of the hybrid but that fairway wood looks pretty nice. I've never hit the Srixon offerings of their fairway/hybrids but if it matches the performance of irons they will be a great offereing.

The FW looks better to me from the pictures than the drivers or hybrid. The hybrid does not look bad though. Definitely like the single, soild color over the Cleveland hybrid. Will be interested to read the performance reviews on both.

it seems like there is such a fine line among overwrought/overdesigned, traditional and boring. i like the minimalism in the design, but for me these teeter toward being too forgettable.

Has there been any questions or discussion about why there isn’t a 985 iron set?

only this i wish is that they would have had a 4 wood, now if the 3 wood is super easy to launch off the deck then it may not matter, looking forward to some testing.

I am disappointed they dont offer a 7 wood or a 5 or 6 hybrid. I assume they think these type of players would play the Cleveland, but the golf industry is giving more options than ever these days. When a line is so limited in it's choices, it seems to make the brand seem 2nd tier.

Thanks for the pic @dean those clubs look sweet!!!

That hybrid looks FANTASTIC.

Great looking clubs there! Love that they put an alignment aid on the FWs and drivers

These do remind me a lot of the Launcher lineup but with an improved color scheme and design.

LOVE these pics Dean, they make a world of difference IMO.

Hybo is a bit meh to me, but that three wood...

Over the weekend the fairway got more attention than the hybrid did, mostly because I'm finishing off the Honma hybrid review. But I did get a quick range session in the with the Srixon hybrid.

Hybrid: Will start here because as I said, it was a short range session, maybe 20 swings and I struggled with it. No so much of a struggle directionaly, that was fine. But I could not get the thing to elevate, and if I can't elevate a hybrid in this spot in the bag, it is going to be no good for me. Now I'm not looking too much in to this as I have plenty of more testing opportunities coming up with it. Going with HZRDUS black as a stock hybrid offering is a curious move to me. The initial difference I saw between this and the Launcher HB, the HB felt much easier to get in the air. Don't read a whole lot in to this one as of yet though....

Fairway: Oh man was this club good on the course. From the rough, fairway, and tee I felt like I could hit some seriously good shots with it, and I did. @jman mentioned the triangular shape of the 585 driver, and that shape is pretty present here too. Even with that though it sets up nicely behind the ball in all of those situations. Whether it is or not, I don't know, but it does appear to set up a touch closed at address, which was mentioned to me by some other golfers besides myself. The sound, OH MY GOODNESS is so good. I have another fairway wood that has a carbon crown and it's more tingy, this one is just a great marriage of carbon and metal at impact. HZRDUS Red seems like a solid pairing for this clubhead too. I would say off the ground I was getting some good launch, nothing crazy different in that department, but had several shots that seemed to go a bit further than normal. One that sticks in my mind was on a par 5, lasered the pin at 247, front of the green was 220, the ball took off like a rocket, carried the front part of the green, hit and rolled past the pin. Now I don't know about you guys, but for me carrying that shot from the turf is kind of an abnormality for me. Off the tee, it was a great positional club while still producing solid numbers.

It's still wicked early in the process, but so far the fairway has treated me better than the hybrid. More to come this week.

Over the weekend the fairway got more attention than the hybrid did, mostly because I'm finishing off the Honma hybrid review. But I did get a quick range session in the with the Srixon hybrid.

Hybrid: Will start here because as I said, it was a short range session, maybe 20 swings and I struggled with it. No so much of a struggle directionaly, that was fine. But I could not get the thing to elevate, and if I can't elevate a hybrid in this spot in the bag, it is going to be no good for me. Now I'm not looking too much in to this as I have plenty of more testing opportunities coming up with it. Going with HZRDUS black as a stock hybrid offering is a curious move to me. The initial difference I saw between this and the Launcher HB, the HB felt much easier to get in the air. Don't read a whole lot in to this one as of yet though....

Fairway: Oh man was this club good on the course. From the rough, fairway, and tee I felt like I could hit some seriously good shots with it, and I did. @jman mentioned the triangular shape of the 585 driver, and that shape is pretty present here too. Even with that though it sets up nicely behind the ball in all of those situations. Whether it is or not, I don't know, but it does appear to set up a touch closed at address, which was mentioned to me by some other golfers besides myself. The sound, OH MY GOODNESS is so good. I have another fairway wood that has a carbon crown and it's more tingy, this one is just a great marriage of carbon and metal at impact. HZRDUS Red seems like a solid pairing for this clubhead too. I would say off the ground I was getting some good launch, nothing crazy different in that department, but had several shots that seemed to go a bit further than normal. One that sticks in my mind was on a par 5, lasered the pin at 247, front of the green was 220, the ball took off like a rocket, carried the front part of the green, hit and rolled past the pin. Now I don't know about you guys, but for me carrying that shot from the turf is kind of an abnormality for me. Off the tee, it was a great positional club while still producing solid numbers.

It's still wicked early in the process, but so far the fairway has treated me better than the hybrid. More to come this week.

Pumped that the sound is there with the fairway too, in the driver its....an adult word I shan't post here...

Makes me really want to think about giving one of these a run for the spot this year.

Back