Crazy proposed Fedex Cup Changes

That just seems too weird to be true.

I'm sure the head honchos at the PGA were thrilled when Justin Thomas referred to winning the FedEx Cup last year as a great consolation prize after losing the Tour Championship to Xander. I blame him. :D

Almost like they did with college football....changing it up because it doesn't appeal to everyone.

Dumb. what were they smoking? Why not a season points winner and a playoff champion? If the pot is $10M 5 for the season winner 5 for the playoff champion. If they go to this head start idea my interest in the tournament is severely diminished.

The golfer with the most points at the close of the reg. season should have some advantage going into the playoffs, he earned those points. It shouldn’t be a score but points. Let the points run straight through to the tour championship, no reset.

The golfer with the most points at the close of the reg. season should have some advantage going into the playoffs, he earned those points. It shouldn’t be a score but points. Let the points run straight through to the tour championship, no reset.

You stop with that logic there Mr Panda. We won’t have any of that!!! ?

You stop with that logic there Mr Panda. We won’t have any of that!!! ?

It makes me wonder what they are doing at PGA headquarters. It’s like no one wants to tell the commish his idea is batsh!t crazy.

It makes me wonder what they are doing at PGA headquarters. It’s like no one wants to tell the commish his idea is batsh!t crazy.

Well, seems like a solid plan that works for most large corporations.

I’ve been wondering what’s going on in the PGA HQ for a long time, i suspect that there’s a fair few folks that work there with the same question.

Rather they get the field down to 16 or 32 players the week before East Lake and then finish with Match Play. Would be a great primer for the Ryder Cup in those years as well..

Rather they get the field down to 16 or 32 players the week before East Lake and then finish with Match Play. Would be a great primer for the Ryder Cup in those years as well..

I’d love to see a more traditional playoff route, ending with 4-8 players in the last match, and that should definitely be match play I think.

Back