I have how much $ in my bag?

I think I’m around $1,300 on my main bag for what I spent for everything prior to adding in the putter, which those very well could be an additional $1,300+ between them all. If I have my cheapest putter in there, my main bag would have cost around $1,400.

Most of those costs are spread out over multiple years though, so I’m not dropping $2,600 a year on it.

Well let's see:
Driver- $0
Fairway's - $0
Hybrids- $300
Irons- $0
Wedges- $0
Putter- $0
Bag- $0

$340 bucks total in my bag as it stands today ($40 AC membership from 2017, and a poorly written rap verse)

Thanks THP

Whew ... now I don't feel so bad. Through clearance sales on a discontinued line and a freebie putter, I'm at $1,647.00 for clubs and bag.

Not counting what I have in the old bag - which I still have - that were all Craigslist finds or freebies.

If I do this in Canadian Dollars:

Driver + Shaft: $390
FW: $140
Hybrids: $0
Irons: $1200
Wedges: $260
Putter: $2000

Total: $3990. Hmm I may have a problem here lol.

$2000 putter?

Is it this one?

cc891a64_vbattach73870.jpg

Driver: $150 (Cobra upgraded my F7 to an F8)
Driver Shaft: $0 (worth $400+ new - Thanks again THP/Aldila)
FW: $100 ($150 TEE with $50 rebate)
Hybrids: N/A
Irons: ~$700 (used heads and rebuilt)
Wedges: ~$450
Putter: $200
Bag: $150

Total out of pocket is roughly $1750.

I figured mine is just under $1000 not including the bag, which is at least 10 years old. Not bad, I think I have some pretty good equipment in there.

well thanks to thp i don't have very much $ invested in my bag. the only thing i had to pay for was the putter!

but when i had gear in there that i bought, it was probably around $1,500 - $2,000 since i don't usually buy brand new.

Yeah not a bad run for you with a free full bag and iron set+hybrid in about a 6 month span.

I just say that I have about $9.50 in change in my bag.

Problem solved :clapp:

Yeah not a bad run for you with a free full bag and iron set+hybrid in about a 6 month span.

still doesn't seem real, tbh. i try to stay up with updating the various threads about the gear and how my thoughts ebb and flow, and hope that i've done right by the sponsors that were so gracious.

I've been fortunate, a single THP event put a lot of brand new great in my bag several years ago (which wasn't free, but was an amazing experience in and of itself, and would have been worth it even if I didn't get to keep the gear) and allowed to make smaller, incremental upgrades as I've needed. Still, I buy used or previous model years when I can.

It's expensive, sure. But almost any hobby can be. Guitar playing is a deep rabbit hole. Woodworking is a deep rabbit hole. There's ways to make it slightly less, but almost any hobby is a byproduct of a healthy amount of disposable income.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've been fortunate, a single THP event put a lot of brand new great in my bag several years ago (which wasn't free, but was an amazing experience in and of itself, and would have been worth it even if I didn't get to keep the gear) and allowed to make smaller, incremental upgrades as I've needed. Still, I buy used or previous model years when I can.

It's expensive, sure. But almost any hobby can be. Guitar playing is a deep rabbit hole. Woodworking is a deep rabbit hole. There's ways to make it slightly less, but almost any hobby is a byproduct of a healthy amount of disposable income.

Amen to this. MY hobby is hobbies as my ex wife says.

Motorcycles
Scuba
Gliders
Hunting
Shooting
Archery
Golf

It just goes on and on

Irons = $1100
Driver 3 and 5 wood = $650
Putter = $125
Bag = $115
Range Finder = $125
Balls = $185 for the season.
Golf Gloves = $50 for the season
I think that comes up to around $2,350.00. That is the reason I keep my clubs covered as well. Although each year I keep them the value goes down, As long as I'm still playing them. I want them to look as good a possible.

You CANNOT count stuff not in bag anymore!! Not allowed!!

No good will come totaling these things up :)

This thread is a trap! what ever you do, dont add up the cost in your bag....next we will be calculating how much money we lost in golf balls each year. If you're like me, put your head in the sand and move along ;)

It is an investment in my sanity so it is much cheaper than it looks.

But it looks like next week may be the TPT shaft fitting if I don't have to travel so all bets are out the window.

No good will come totaling these things up :)

Totally agree ... Why did you have to ask this question?

And I'm going to make it worse :)
things you haven't included :

buggy/trolley , umbrella, rain cover, crazy training aid.

And don't forget the "consumables"
Balls, tees, gloves, markers, pens

Plus clothing too, cos you have to look good out there.

Oh and the shoes :)

WHY ???

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Driver - used $200
3wd - used $100
18* hybrid - Tourney winnings - $0
21* hybrid - Tourney winnings - $0
Irons - $396.90 (7 years ago)
Wedges - $100
Putter - $0 - Kingdom Experience THP/Taylormade

Total = $796.90

Totally agree ... Why did you have to ask this question?

And I'm going to make it worse :)
things you haven't included :

buggy/trolley , umbrella, rain cover, crazy training aid.

And don't forget the "consumables"
Balls, tees, gloves, markers, pens

Plus clothing too, cos you have to look good out there.

Oh and the shoes :)

WHY ???

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

where does it stop?

Greens fees
Range Balls
shirts
Sunscreen

I dont ask my wife about her horses, she ignores the "former/retired" clubs in the garage...However, I am even out of jail with that now, since my son is starting to enjoy the game more and more... :) (this is the JACKPOT!!!!)

Delete this thread before my wife sees it and starts trying to figure out what I have.

I refuse indulge this thread seems like a...
b2188a18aca3eaa14f570cab49278f02.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have around $2700 in my bag. The way I look at it is this way. I will get at least 5 years out of my gear and countless enjoyment. So I do not mind it too much. I played with a guy that had all PXG stuff and a $700 putter. He had close to $8k in his bag. To each their own. My old clubs I bought for $300 for the irons, $30 for my 3 wood, and my driver I got for free. I upgraded since all that stuff was 20 years old.

I am in the process now of getting new stuff as i didn't have anything after stopping. My wife is also starting so i get the double whammy on buying lol. I agree with the others if you use it and it is fun get what you like!

If were talking strictly clubs, $0.00. Pretty lucky in that regard.

I was a better player when I had a set of Tour Model 4 Irons (outrageously expensive when I had them built 20+ years ago for 300.00), a Dunlop Goliath Driver (40.00) and a 20.00 Walmart putter. At best with this setup I was a +2 HC. I don't even remember where the actual bag came from but I had to retire it a few years back when all the pockets were rotted out or ate through by mice.

I sure taught those crap clubs a lesson. I now play nothing but the best! To a result of appx -8 to -10 HC.

Proving only that having a - in front of the number isn't ALWAYS better in golf. That and I suck (comparatively) anymore.

But at least I suck in style. You want to see the latest and greatest, look in my bag or check out my garage.

Back