What is your "Must replace" club for the next release cycle?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
What club are you thinking you MUST find an upgrade or replacement for in your bag this coming release cycle? Why?

I replaced my entire bag over the last year and before that had not replaced anything in 4-5 years so I am probably done. I do have a Dollar Driver Club membership and I currently am hitting a Ping G400 LST. I will probably trade that early in 2019 for a Titleist TS3 because I am really curious and I like Titleist clubs. I also might trade my 23* hybrid for a 3H Taylor Made GAPR Mid, but that's a big maybe.

• Staff
I think I'm going to continue my fairway (3/4W) chase. Curious about what TEE has coming, and Cobra.

Thinking hybrid. It's been the least consistent club in my bag over this past season.

For me the answer is "everything", but were I not given this opportunity, it would be driver for me. I love the XR16 and it's been the best driver I've ever used, but I think we're at the point where the tech has improved enough for me to see a noticeable difference.

Hybrid. Still playing my RBZ's. Just haven't found anything I consistently like more than them yet.

not sure i'm hardcore pondering anything that hasn't come out yet. most of my ponders are centered on gear that's already out.

i have to figure out my driving. everything else is manageable, but the driving is frustrating the sh1t out of me right now. i need a change just to clear my head, thinking tm m3 with regio b. or back to the j815, but with regio mb.

Man I really don't know.

I'm happy with putter, wedges, and hybrids. Fairway woods maybe?

I’m thinking hybrids. As much as I enjoy my Razr X tours they are old and I think some new tech will help my game.

Irons and hybrid/UT is definitely the next to be replaced. Potentially 58* wedge. If the Toulon Las Vegas comes to retail, I'll likely take a million looks at it. Last consideration would be driver.

Wedges - Just going to automatically changed them every year
Gotta have fresh grooves.

When I ever get to play golf again, wedges are probably top of my list, then eventually irons.

Without a doubt .... replacing the entire lineup of woods when the Titleist T2 & T3 series come out. I have a Titleist Thursday coming up on Sept 6 ... so we will see what the numbers look like then.

#1 fairway
#2 hybrid
#3 driver

Hybrid. I rarely used it and just not a fan of them overall. I'm looking at a 2/3 utility most likely

For fear of getting booted from the internet, nothing right now. Pretty happy with my bag right now, although I may experiment with a set of OL irons, nothing MUST be replaced.

Luckily for me The Grandaddy will take care of the entire bag, but to answer the question I am SO READY for some shiny new irons and wedges. Love my W/S stuff, but the time has come.

It's probably about time for me to update my wedges. I like all of them a lot, but they've been in the bag for awhile now and some fresh grooves wouldn't be a terrible thing. The 60* in particular is getting worn down.

I'm thinking irons but not 100% sure, hybrid more than likely, a New Level wedge being delivered this week, also going to play a bit with my gapping. Not really happy with my current gap set-up. I also threaten to get a different putter "maybe" this might be the year.

I need a 3 fairway. Have had it for 2 years, so thinking it is just time to replace.

Hybrid. I rarely used it and just not a fan of them overall. I'm looking at a 2/3 utility most likely

dibs on your 3h!

Search for a “Stenson” 3 wood continues. My default choice is any Callaway club and they usually work for me. However, the Rogue is not working for me. I like the look, the feel, ball speed is unparalleled and I’m getting the launch angle I want. But the spin is too low and it frequently goes left of left. Waiting to see what Callaway comes up with next.

Good question, probably a hybrid or possibly 5W

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well right now I’m loving my vokeys and all new Titleist long game clubs will change in September. So with the Srixon 765s looking pretty worn down, I’m gonna be looking to change those.

Maybe new Titleist irons or the 785s!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back