I drag back foot during downswing/follow thru. Does that indicate a flaw?

Daddio

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I quickly wear down the inside sole of my back foot from the wide area up to the big toe. Especially shoes I use to practice off mats. My back foot slides from shoulder width gap to about a foot seperation during downswing. I this something I need to worry about?

Paging some footage of Seth, aka @ATLGolfer!!! Seth makes that action work for sure.

I have a bit of foot action....especially on the follow through. My instructor says it's because I'm not flexible enough.

How's your flexibility?

I have a bit of foot action....especially on the follow through. My instructor says it's because I'm not flexible enough.

How's your flexibility?

Insightful! I possess very little flexibility. Does your instructor advise you to roll with it since you're limited there or is he/she trying to improve your flexibility?

Paging some footage of Seth, aka @ATLGolfer!!! Seth makes that action work for sure.

Thanks Kyle. Now that you mention it I can picture AG's foot slide from the KC event a few years ago. I think that's similar to what I'm doing. I'm just not doing it as well.

I drag my right foot thru just like that on my drives especially. I have an excuse though ... my right leg is shorter than my left. So it pretty much doesn't let me stay flat footed on the downswing. This allows me to get to my left side thru impact. Doesn't effect me in the least.

Lateral movement in the golf swing isn’t good. If the hips are releasing then this isn’t bad but if they aren’t, you’ll need to work on a full release.

I drag my right toe in the follow through, and, it is something, I am working to fix. I don't know, if it is considered a swing fault(swing accomodation?) - think Gary Player walk through, but, instead of a step, I drag the toe. But, it is something I would like to fix, because, I would like my shoes to last longer.

Back