Tony Romo Going for Web.com Tour

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
He is going to try and qualify and first up is pre-qualifying stage in TX. There are about 70 players trying to pre-qualify there.

Awesome, I hope he does well. That would be really fun to watch!

And hey! So far there hasn't been any grumbling about him robbing anyone else of their spot! Awesome!

Good luck to him, it will definitely be very tough. Those web.com guys are grinders

Nothing wrong at all with him trying to qualify. Will be interesting to see if he can do it.

I wonder if he's got the discipline to endure the schedule. From what I've heard/seen the web.com folks are as IOD said, grinders. Guess first step is to qualify then we'll talk about sharing hotel rooms haha.

Good for Tony.

No DE's to avoid, just trees and hazards.

how many of the 70 qualify?

• Admin
That gets announced tomorrow actually.

well I hope he does well. Its cool to see guys chase their passion. Except Steph Curry. I hope he never breaks par

#GoCavs

how many of the 70 qualify?

I think 30 but I could be wrong. It is a pretty long process so if he is top 30 he would move to the next stage I think.

Tony Romo Going for Web.com Tour

Good for Tony, he’s a likeable enough guy and I hope he does well

This might be for another thread, but I'll ask it here:

Is Tony Romo more likable now that weve seen him as an analyst as opposed to just knowing him as the Cowboys QB?

I'm not personally a Romo fan but good for him for trying to chase a dream. It'll be fun to see how this turns out for him.

I wonder if he's got the discipline to endure the schedule. From what I've heard/seen the web.com folks are as IOD said, grinders. Guess first step is to qualify then we'll talk about sharing hotel rooms haha.

I would imagine already having $50-$100 million in the bank and a $1.5/million a year side job as an NFL Color Commentator makes the grind much more bearable than the typical web.com player is dealing with.

Last edited:
i hope he does well. but i don't think he will. his track record in other attempts is pretty poor, isn't it?

As a Cowboys fan I'm rooting for him. Always enjoyed watching him play and I believe the Cowboys should have gave him his job back once healthy in his last season. Hope he's able to convert on this Web.com opportunity.

well I hope he does well. Its cool to see guys chase their passion. Except Steph Curry. I hope he never breaks par

#GoCavs
#PettyWarz

Love it!! (Suns fan here...I have no idea what a basketball is!!)

Very cool hope he does well!

Good for Romo going out there and chasing a dream. He's one of the top 1 or 1.5 football players ever to play, hope he makes it on the Web.com!

I don’t think he has the game but good on him for trying .

Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the Champions Tour in a few years but I'll still root for him to make Web.com.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

I wish him luck and I really hope he does well but I just don’t see him qualifying. He’s tried to qualify for the US Open for years and hardly ever makes it through local qualifying, doubt this will be any different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like it. It's best if Romo, Steph Curry, and any other celebrities to participate in qualifying events , try to earn their way in to the field, rather than receiving an exemption.

He is going to try and qualify and first up is pre-qualifying stage in TX. There are about 70 players trying to pre-qualify there.

They’re mentioning it here on Dallas area sports talk. Odds might be against him but hope he does well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is very good player. Sadly very good doesn’t get into web.com events. But I’m sure he will have fun.

Back