Who Does Dark Best?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of companies coming out with darker and black clubs. Who do you think does the finish the best? This is not your favorite club, but rather the finish or look we are discussing.

Black-XL.jpg

Cobra. Their diamondized finish appears to hold up to wear very well.

I would have to say Cobra, especially from a durability standpoint. This year's Forged Tec's were amazing looking clubs and seem to hold up quite well.

Cobra and Hogan, since they're using the DBM finish. I love how the PVD looks when it's new, but not so much even a few weeks later.

I've heard the Callaway version of their darker models wear quickly which is a big turn off for me in terms of purchasing. I have heard many good things about the Cobra line holding up far better.

Isn't Cobra the only one using DBM instead of PVD? EDIT-- Didn't realize Hogan was too. But I think the Cobras look a lot better.

Gotta go with the only one that will stay black.

Must be PXG - they charge $100 extra just for the dark finish ... for each club.

Or they win for Biggest Cajones...

Cobra or Bridgestone. New Level looks solid as well.

I think Titleist had that title until about 2016. Cobra does an awesome job with it too. But from personal experience, the black finish on my Callaway MD3's has been everything I would want in a black finish

Who Does Dark Best?

I like the Callaway look but have heard that the Cobra will last much longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of those pictured I would have to say Cobra. I do think that PXG black irons look amazing, but that price that is crazy!!

Maybe just because I like the look of the P790's but I'll go with Taylormade!

Without knowing anything about durability and basing off of those in pic... Taylormade. Just enough contrast to make it really stand out the most.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Bar none, Cobra's iron durability with the DBM finished is unmatched, in pictures and in person. They get the vote from me. For wedges, I actually enjoy a little bit of wear in contact areas from the black, but without rusting, and the Callaway finish is one that I've enjoyed.

The Taylormades look the best out of those, though as mentioned, PXG has the best looking black finished irons.

Cobra and it's not remotely close.

Can I vote for the dark finish that was on the RTX 3 wedges?

Bar none, Cobra's iron durability with the DBM finished is unmatched, in pictures and in person. They get the vote from me. For wedges, I actually enjoy a little bit of wear in contact areas from the black, but without rusting, and the Callaway finish is one that I've enjoyed.

I never hit the center of the face enough for the contact wear haha but the toe sure does show some character

Hogan... by far.. Simple and elegant with clean lines and no little twiddly bits to distract the flow

Cobra

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

While I think the Callaway uber dark finish with the black shafts looks the best, it's all about durability at the end of the day for me. I'll say the Hogan finish.

There is Cobra and there is everyone else...at least for now. The DBM finish holds up better than any other black finish I have personally seen

There is Cobra and there is everyone else...at least for now. The DBM finish holds up better than any other black finish I have personally seen

what he said

Cobra, but I believe Hogan is using a similar finish now also. The durability of those two are head and shoulders above the rest.

what he said

What he said due to their durability.

But I do like the darker look of the pxg’s but not sure of durability of their finish.

Back