Iron Shaft Advice: PX vs. ???

Cdpkook132

Reaction score
Handicap
So I have been getting the itch, I was fit into my CF16’s and Project X 6.0’s at the grand daddy and am still loving them result wise, but unless it’s a near perfect swing I don’t get that buttery soft pure feedback out of the PX’s I used to get with the i20’s DGs300 combo. Use the old Rebar metaphor if you will.

During my fitting the PXi’s felt a little better, but the light weight didn’t feel as good and dispersion was worse.

Now looking into the newer PX steel shafts, I am looking into the LZ’s to get a softer feel on Mis-hits and even pure shots. Would this be valid?

Then I got to thinking, why have I never hit a graphite shaft period? I have a 105 mph driver swing speed, but we ruled out graphite in the first 5 seconds of my fitting. In the heat of the moment, I didn’t even ask why...

Are there new graphite shafts that are fit for the higher swing speed now?

Maybe I am just getting the itch and looking for a greener pasture. Should I stick with the PX 6.0’s or are the LZ’s going to give me that little bit of extra “feel” I am looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

well the simple answer is you were fit into the px by some of the best fitters in the world, so......

but if you want a change, i think barking up the lz tree is a good idea. great shaft there.

i’m a modus3 homer. 120 is a super smooth feeling shaft. 125 may be more your speed though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I have been getting the itch, I was fit into my CF16’s and Project X 6.0’s at the grand daddy and am still loving them result wise, but unless it’s a near perfect swing I don’t get that buttery soft pure feedback out of the PX’s I used to get with the i20’s DGs300 combo. Use the old Rebar metaphor if you will.

During my fitting the PXi’s felt a little better, but the light weight didn’t feel as good and dispersion was worse.

Now looking into the newer PX steel shafts, I am looking into the LZ’s to get a softer feel on Mis-hits and even pure shots. Would this be valid?

Then I got to thinking, why have I never hit a graphite shaft period? I have a 105 mph driver swing speed, but we ruled out graphite in the first 5 seconds of my fitting. In the heat of the moment, I didn’t even ask why...

Are there new graphite shafts that are fit for the higher swing speed now?

Maybe I am just getting the itch and looking for a greener pasture. Should I stick with the PX 6.0’s or are the LZ’s going to give me that little bit of extra “feel” I am looking for?

I am new to LZ's, only have 5 rounds under my belt with them , but so far am extremely pleased. Coming from DG S300 I now play LZ 5.5.

PX LZ or new cataylst are pretty damn good. But that's my complete bias opinion.

Px are shafts that can be beastly if you don’t load them properly. Your SS isn’t that fast to not game graphite. Recoil 95/110/125 in f4 or f5 would work. The new px catalyst or px lz also options

Results matter, fitting, on the course, etc. I'd be hesitant to change. So, LOL... if I were very curious I'd probably extend myself and buy another set for comparison. Yeah, I've done it before.

Fwiw, I played Flighted Rifle 6.0 and regular Rifle 6.0 for years. PX 6.0 worked very well for me but like you, was not in love with the feel. 5.5 felt better but results were a bit more loose.

Switched to stiff Steelfiber i95 shafts without any issue at all.

Thanks for the feedback so far. So far LZ sounds like it may not be too far off but offer a bit softer feel. Keep em coming

Back