Odyssey Putters Thread

I was just thinking to myself that White Hot RX with adjustable weights could be amazing and the talk of lead tape starts. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This V Line putter is growing on me. More than I thought it would.

I agree it's easier to manipulate, but where I put it on my putter it's not a clean look to me. Personal preference I know.
#Itswhyitgoesonthesolenottheflange

Hehe

#Itswhyitgoesonthesolenottheflange

Hehe

But then the putter isn't soled correctly and causes issues with my putting stroke.

But then the putter isn't soled correctly and causes issues with my putting stroke.
Not when you use tape....

#Icandothisallday

I was referring to using tape #ICanToo
How would the tape effect soling the putter though, honest q? I've used it on probably 50+ putters with no issues there. Or was the soling thing just a heavy dose of sarcasm?

How would the tape effect soling the putter though, honest q? I've used it on probably 50+ putters with no issues there. Or was the soling thing just a heavy dose of sarcasm?

Partly sarcasm and part truth.

The one time I tried it I don't know what it was, but the putter seemed to sit higher at address over the ball & I consistently hit poor putts. Once I put it on the the back of the face covering the "Odyssey" logo my putting seemed to go back to normal. My OCD hated having the odyssey covered up so that's when I found the tungsten weights.

I'm sure it had a lot to do with me not properly soling the putter correctly to begin with, but the lead tape on the sole & I didn't jive. Hope that makes sense.

The one time I tried it I don't know what it was, but the putter seemed to sit higher at address over the ball & I consistently hit poor putts. Once I put it on the the back of the face covering the "Odyssey" logo my putting seemed to go back to normal. My OCD hated having the odyssey covered up so that's when I found the tungsten weights.

I'm sure it had a lot to do with me not properly soling the putter correctly to begin with, but the lead tape on the sole & I didn't jive. Hope that makes sense.
First time I have heard that. Did you put it on and smooth it out or just slap it on?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

First time I have heard that. Did you put it on and smooth it out or just slap it on?

I need to think about it, but I had a few strips on there and I didn't try and "flatten out" the strips I cut out. Didn't know I had to do that.

I need to think about it, but I had a few strips on there and I didn't try and "flatten out" the strips I cut out. Didn't know I had to do that.
You can get it pretty smooth. Not as smooth as the sole obviously but I would be impressed if you could tell a height difference with just a few pieces of tape on there.

I would never put it on the sole either Mike. I put it on the back of the face, which keeps it clean and doesn't effect anything but the weight.

So I got a little overzealous last week... Also acquired this guy. Two deep into the black series tour designs collection, and that should hold me over for at least a few months while I experiment with head shapes. Really clean, although there is a little idiot mark on the top line. Sneaky eBay sellers and their angles I guess. Oh well, it's very clean overall for a putter of a few years.

1224151845a-XL.jpg

1224151844a-XL.jpg

So I got a little overzealous last week... Also acquired this guy. Two deep into the black series tour designs collection, and that should hold me over for at least a few months while I experiment with head shapes. Really clean, although there is a little idiot mark on the top line. Sneaky eBay sellers and their angles I guess. Oh well, it's very clean overall for a putter of a few years.

1224151845a-XL.jpg

1224151844a-XL.jpg
That's an oldie but goodie!

Once my WHP #7 arrives I'll pimp it out and post some pics. I have a sweet paintfill idea for this baby.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I'm with you on the tungsten weights Mike. Sent this to Kang earlier today offering to send him some to add weight to his new flatstick.

99bbba024ee69a92d68941c35b93e7dc.jpg

No luck for me in keeping these on other clubs besides putters though....

1224151845a-XL.jpg

1224151844a-XL.jpg

If that Button back is just gonna sit while you experiment, you're welcome to experiment with my entire collection while I play with the Scotty!

1224151845a-XL.jpg

1224151844a-XL.jpg
Such a good putter!

oddysey-1-putter-3.png

Just so simple yet so effective. Love the Works insert. My distance control has never been better. Love the black Works line, this is staying in my bag for 2016.

I've had the Works V Line Tank Cruiser for a few weeks now. Makes me wonder why I got rid of the original. This head is just optimal for my stroke. Been playing a lot with this weather and I am dropping puts from everywhere. It's money. The only thing on the wishlist is to have Anthony put a little customization on it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1224151845a-XL.jpg

1224151844a-XL.jpg
#allin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

#allin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Only way to go when you're captaining the crown jewel of all THP events.

#Speakingfromexperience
#Willkilltogoback
#Seriously

Back