M1 vs Ping G LS Tec

lblanto1

Reaction score
Handicap
I have seen a video on this online and LS Tec at least for that tester, seemed to out do M1. I am between these two but didn't know if someone had side by side comparisons of these two head to head and could offer up an opinion on the matter. If one was more forgiving than the other. One thing I keep going back to is that m1 offers more adjustability, which may or may not be a good thing I guess, depending on how you look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit both and the LS Tech felt unwieldy and didn't sound great to me. I hit blocks or hooks. The M1 looked much nicer and I really like how the contrasting crown frames the ball. The distance difference was negligible. The M1 had a more tradition shape and I'm a tinkerer so I like how easy it is to change launch and fade/draw bias

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I tried both. The G is a little lighter, so my swing speed was higher with the G. The dispersion was also smaller with the G. The G was also a little longer, by 2 yards average, and spin on the G was a little higher by 100 rpm. The thing was I had already bought the M1, and the M1 had adjustability for center of gravity and draw or fade bias, while the G only had loft options.

This is a personal choice, I liked the feel of impact with the M1, its feedback was better than the G.
The G kinda felt that I was hitting a marshmallow, so I liked the solid hit of the M1 better.

If I hadn't bought the M1 already, I'd still go with the M1 as a personal choice. Performance-wise, the G is up there with the M1.

Do you produce a lot of back spin off the tee?

I just recently hit the G LS Tech and I already own the M1. I'm not a Ping guy at all,but I would have t say that the G LSTech is probably the best all around driver I've hit this year. For me the Ping was on average 6 yards shorter then the M1 but the forgiveness is phenomenal. I absolutely love my M1 and it's a phenomenal option as well. My M1 avg spin was about 1850 and the LS was 2200. Avg carry M1 was 282 and The LS was 276. You can't lose with either option IMO. If you want more forgiveness the Ping is the way to go. It might be the most forgiving driver out!

Do you produce a lot of back spin off the tee?

I'm still looking into that. The place where I (finally) tested the M1 didn't have high tees so I could have been helping the ball up. My launch angle is rather high at 17 degrees, my ball spin at 2500 rpm. They were also using really old golf balls for the testing.

They certainly feel and sound different from each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like both of those but if I had to pick one I'd go with the Ping.

Had my first on course test of the M1 and wow. Other than one terrible snap hook, even bad swings were rewarded. The highlight for me was having Driver Lob Wedge on a 430 yard par 4 into a head wind. I couldn't believe it. I've hit 300 into the wind, but 340!@#* I am hitting this on average 30-40 yards longer than my 915D3. Weight all the way back and 2 ticks to fade on the front track.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I like both of those but if I had to pick one I'd go with the Ping.

My Ryoma Maxima D1 V Spec / GoGo6x deal fell through...after much deliberation I concur with your advice on the Ping G. Bought the 2016 Ping G 10.5 LS Tec. Will shaft it with a new UST Elements Dk 6x (Wind). My GBB on full fade was mainly push right FW...or draw, with the lesser straight shots, but long. XR16 Pro sweet spot / hot spot too small. Was looking at M1 12deg too, for a open set up, but all the sliding gadgets take MOI away. Plan to add a few more grams to the G head and make this a hammer down the middle. Will post LM numbers apples to apples (GBB Vs G)

Last edited:
Back