Johnny Miller May Retire? Will You Miss His Commentary or Not?

Johnny Miller May Retire? Will You Miss His Commentary or Not?

• Yes, he's great for the game ... he should stay

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • No, he's annoying and won't be missed

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • Could care less one way or the other

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Johnny Miller? Who is that?

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
Wont miss him at all. Hasnt added real insight and value in a long time

More often than not I found him annoying, I think won’t miss him.

But then who will tell me about the time someone shot 63 at Oakmont and use it to crap on every other golf achievement before or since?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I couldn’t care less. Others could care less than they already don’t, I suppose.

He was all too often a pompous ass, but he was the one guy near a microphone who didnt see the golf through rose colored glasses and was willing to call out a poor shot.

Except for his game. I'm not sure what to do during a major if I don't have JM reminding us as to why his 63 is really the best.

Johnny Miller is a lot like shocking the monkey with a cheese grater.
Mildly amusing in theory, but painful to watch, listen to or try.
I might have to use that saying in the future!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So looks like 54% of everyone thinks that Johnny can take a hike & golf won't miss him as a commentator.

I won’t miss him and while he was annoying at times, I think Faldo is worse.

I would like to see Feherty get that spot in the booth.

I could do without:

Johnny Miller
Gary McCord
Jim Nantz
Dottie Pepper

I would prefer Feherty.

Johnny's criticism is sharp, and I do enjoy that about him. So I'll miss him if he hangs up the microphone. But I'm also not going to start a petition to keep him on the broadcasts - he can plan his retirement and enjoy life, if he's the sort that can enjoy life.

Retire or not have his contract renewed?

Either way he was a mistake to put in the booth and anyone else would be an upgrade.

Couldn't care less.

Forget Duval or Nabillo. Get Tiger in there! (ducks and runs)

I like his honesty but he rehashes the same crap over and over. I've always liked Kostis and Duval. Now if I could only learn how to hit a trap draw life would be complete.

I will miss his analysis but will not miss the number 63 or “ This shot/putt is really easy”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope whoever takes JM's spot in the broadcast booth continually reminds the viewers how great JM was........(my opinion only)

How will I know when someone hit something "a groove too low"?

I guess I don't care either way. He could definitely be annoying at times but also had some honest takes and wasn't afraid to speak his mind.

Won’t miss him. Drove me bananas when he would criticize someone’s putting. He’s the same guy that got the yips which ended up ruining his career

Sent from HTX

Never liked him and won't miss him. Don't wish him any ill will, just think there's better for the job.

I would miss making fun of his commentary.

No

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I won't miss "It's not Oakmont"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

He never bothered me but I won't miss him either.

Back