Cobra King F6+ Driver Preview

I had a lot of fun with this over the last few days. Low spin monster for sure. I really should play it at 12* to get the most out of it. Even with the driver set at 10.5* in the "towering" setting, I was getting more of a low to mid ball flight and certainly a low ball flight in the "penetrating" setting. That should be expected with the Matrix Black Tie as the engine but I am a very high spin player and still had trouble getting the flight where I wanted it. I was getting very solid distance however and enough forgivness that I could game this for sure. Especially once I get fit for the right shaft and settings. The club looks terrific. I love the silver/grey with the green but as always Cobra seems to have a color scheme that should fit anyone's taste.

thanks for the pics and thoughts, might drop a red tie in this sucker and swing for the fences...

I will say that I think this one has a muted sound as well, just not as muted as the KING LTD.

It's a solid option and the track works rather well with this one due to some structure. Eliminating some weight with materials really makes the slide shine.

It's a good looking club, that's for sure

I want this one:

Grey Turbulence with Gecko Green accents (the Grey & Green colorway will be introduced March 15, 2016)

Can't wait to see pictures of that beauty
I have had cobra drivers over the years blue had been my favorite and green a close second i have seen both blue and green and green is just a beautiful club. So is orange

I believe pre orders start on this one soon. Let me hide my wallet.

I will say that I think this one has a muted sound as well, just not as muted as the KING LTD.

It's a solid option and the track works rather well with this one due to some structure. Eliminating some weight with materials really makes the slide shine.

It's a good looking club, that's for sure

thats good to hear about the sound, I like the shape better than the f6. Also that track intrigues me, the fly z flip zone did not really do much for me. Not enough weight in my opinion. Any body know when u can order custom shafts? Right now just stock configuration. Going white with elements chrome plus

I believe pre orders start on this one soon. Let me hide my wallet.

When I think Cobra drivers you definitely come to mind!

I'll be going in to GOLFSMITH this week to see if they have this one yet. I know they have the King and F6 but not sure on F6+. Also curious to see if they have any other shaft offerings. I Was NOT a fan of the stock shaft in the FLy-Z line and I'm sure I'd like the black tie better than hose but I hope there's more to try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I think Cobra drivers you definitely come to mind!

I'll be going in to GOLFSMITH this week to see if they have this one yet. I know they have the King and F6 but not sure on F6+. Also curious to see if they have any other shaft offerings. I Was NOT a fan of the stock shaft in the FLy-Z line and I'm sure I'd like the black tie better than hose but I hope there's more to try

My golfsmith xtreme doesn't have it in yet. Also I'm pretty interested in the shaft as well. Black tie with 4° of torque is definitely interesting

My golfsmith xtreme doesn't have it in yet. Also I'm pretty interested in the shaft as well. Black tie with 4° of torque is definitely interesting

Off topic:

What the difference between Extreme and Non extreme stores? (Does it have to Do with product availability?)

Off topic:

What the difference between Extreme and Non extreme stores? (Does it have to Do with product availability?)

Not sure but the golfsmith I frequent is the biggest in colorado. As I understand it they will have full custom shaft catalog in Stock to sell soon. No waiting on custom orders (adjustable clubs obviously)

I have to say, as much as I love the LTD I do not like the sound/feel of this one and I am shocked.

Cobra King F6+ Driver Preview

Not sure but the golfsmith I frequent is the biggest in colorado. As I understand it they will have full custom shaft catalog in Stock to sell soon. No waiting on custom orders (adjustable clubs obviously)

That's fantastic. I love me some instant gratification. I'm notorious for impulse purchases. If I have to wait a few weeks, I probably will not order in store and find a deal online somewhere to get it quicker.

When I took 3 swipes with the F6 early last week they told me they got a new cobra cart that wasn't on the floor yet. Hopefully that means more shafts to try

I have to say, as much as I love the LTD I do not like the sound/feel of this one and I am shocked.

How does the sound differentiate from the LTD? Louder? Has to be.

I am a little bit more than a bit surprised they went black tie for the stock shaft in the F6+

That's fantastic. I love me some instant gratification. I'm notorious for impulse purchases. If I have to wait a few weeks, I probably will not order in store and find a deal online somewhere to get it quicker.

When I took 3 swipes with the F6 early last week they told me they got a new cobra cart thy wasn't on the floor yet. Hopefully that means more shafts to try

Hmm perhaps a trip to golfsmitg is in order for me... doesn't bode well for the thing I have going on right now lol

I am a little bit more than a bit surprised they went black tie for the stock shaft in the F6+

Louder and more hollow. Almost a dead feeling to it.

If we know anything about T.O. I'm sure they had very good reason to tweak the black tie and marry it to this head. I'm excited to hit it.

Louder and more hollow. Almost a dead feeling to it.

When compared to the LTD or in general? I hit the LtD and got a great sensation when struck well. Same sensation on the F6 line. Off center hits is where I think the big feeling difference was.

How where the numbers? Comparable?

If we know anything about T.O. I'm sure they had very good reason to tweak the black tie and marry it to this head. I'm excited to hit it.

Can't be tweaked that much even if it is. Torque number is nearly the same --- But who knows.

Black Tie just seems like a very limited audience.

Can't be tweaked that much even if it is. Torque number is nearly the same --- But who knows.

The F6+ is a limited audience.
I know people online hate to hear this, but the head alters ball flight more than the shaft by a huge margin.

It's funny. I don't recall the previous version of black tie having that high torque rating... memory is definitely selective

When they finally get one of these here I know I'll only be able to try it with the Black Tie. I don't think my swing will jive with the black tie so I might order one with the Elements Chrome/Chrome+ shaft. I have my trusty Red Tie on my BC+ and have a Handcrafted to get tipped and try as well so I'll have 3 shafts to mess with regardless.

Can't pre-order orange right now it seems so that's a bummer.

It's funny. I don't recall the previous version of black tie having that high torque rating... memory is definitely selective

I would have expected it to be lower as well, but torque is defined differently by companies. I'll try to hold off on commenting until I've hit the F6+ or F6+ pro as I haven't hit the new MFS black tie release.

I would have expected it to be lower as well, but torque is defined differently by companies. I'll try to hold off on commenting until I've hit the F6+ or F6+ pro as I haven't hit the new MFS black tie release.
Haha previous experience with black tie haunts you

The F6+ is a limited audience.
I know people online hate to hear this, but the head alters ball flight more than the shaft by a huge margin.

I hear that. With it being MyFly I'm optimistic that when I get some time with it I'll take the Rogue from the LTD and the Handcrafted LZ I've got in Cobra adapters to see if the feedback changes.

Could be fun.

More of a bad joke, really. But the heads I was pairing the old black tie with hardly make it a fair trial.
True. The heads today are so much less spinning. The profile of these heads suit my game well. I really need to hit this. The green turbulence version of course

Back