Rake in or rake out?

Thanks for that clarification, figured if I said something about the rules it'd get your attention.
So, for arguments sake, what happens if you aren't able to replace the ball exactly where it was? Like it is resting on a rake on a slope in the bunker and rolls toward the hole when replaced?

d. Ball Fails to Come to Rest on Spot
If a ball when placed fails to come to rest on the spot on which it was placed, there is no penalty and the ball must be replaced. If it still fails to come to rest on that spot:

(i)

except in a hazard, it must be placed at the nearest spot where it can be placed at rest that is not nearer the hole and not in a hazard;

(ii)

in a hazard, it must be placed in the hazard at the nearest spot where it can be placed at rest that is not nearer the hole.

If a ball when placed comes to rest on the spot on which it is placed, and it subsequently moves, there is no penalty and the ball must be played as it lies, unless the provisions of any other Rule apply.

----------------

Your next question will be, what if there is no spot that's not closer to the hole?

This is what's known as a really, really crappy break:

20-3d/2

Ball in Bunker Moves Closer to Hole When Obstruction Removed and Ball Will Not Remain at Rest When Replaced; All Other Parts of Bunker Are Nearer Hole

Q.A ball came to rest against a movable obstruction, a rake, in a bunker. When the rake was moved the ball rolled nearer the hole. According to Rule 24-1, the ball had to be replaced. Due to the slope and the fact that the sand was firm, the ball, when replaced, rolled closer to the hole.

Under Rule 20-3d, if a ball will not come to rest on the spot where it originally lay, it must be placed at the nearest spot not nearer the hole where it can be placed at rest. The spot where the ball originally lay was farther from the hole than any other part of the bunker. Thus, there was nowhere to place the ball at rest in the bunker that was not nearer the hole. What is the proper procedure if:

1. The only way the ball would remain at rest at the spot where it lay would be to press it lightly into the sand?

2. The sand is so hard that it is impossible to replace the ball?

A.There is nothing in the Rules permitting a player to press his ball lightly into the sand or ground to make it remain at rest. Accordingly, in either case, since the player could not place the ball in conformity with the Rules, he should proceed under the stroke-and-distance option of the unplayable ball Rule (Rule 28a) or, in equity (Rule 1-4), drop the ball, under penalty of one stroke, outside the bunker, keeping the point where the ball lay directly between the hole and the spot on which the ball is dropped.

The same principle would apply if a player is proceeding under any Rule and the ball will not come to rest in the bunker at a spot not nearer to the hole than the appropriate reference point.

I once played a course where each cart had a rake. The problem was people would forget to put them back in the cart, leaving them alongside or in the bunker. That concept for getting rakes out of the way failed.

We just got new Yamaha carts at the course I play and there is actually still a slot where a rake handle could be placed between the bags.

I always just put it back wherever it was when I picked it up.

I once played a course where each cart had a rake.

I play a course with this. Huge PITA. Smacking he rake when getting clubs out of the bag and now you need to remember to take a rake and bring it back too. No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wherever the course decides. If in, keep them in. If out, put them back where they had them.

Back