Re-shafting my Bridgestone TOUR B XW-1 wedges with KBS 610s

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
I usually don't go through the trouble of getting wedges re-shafted, but these looked, and felt so good, plus i got them for about 68.00 new, i figured was worth a re-shaft.

I went with the R+ KBS 610, as the stock DG Spinner shafts are just a no go for me do to moon balls.

I usually produce solid spin, and my wedges can launch a little high at times, so from everything i read the 610s could be a good fit for me.

I play 54 and 58 in my wedges, and often hit full shots with my 54 (90-105) so this change was needed.

Firsttime in a long time i have bothered to get anything re-shafted and excited to see how it finishes up.

I played the KBS 610s previously before moving to the UST Wedge Recoil Protos. Feel like I’m seeing better ball flight with my Wedge Protos than in the 610s but they are definitely lower flight than the DG Spinners. I had games those before the 610s lol. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I played the KBS 610s previously before moving to the UST Wedge Recoil Protos. Feel like I’m seeing better ball flight with my Wedge Protos than in the 610s but they are definitely lower flight than the DG Spinners. I had games those before the 610s lol. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

best i can tell from hitting range balls the experiment worked. About a 1/3 lower flight, was peppering a 98 yard flag with my 54, and when i stepped on it i could get another 10 yards if i wanted, so this is right where i needed it. True test will be when i get on the course, and see how the spin goes on half and full shots.

Back