Web.com off the Tee

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Cameron Champ is number one, averaging 342 yards off the tee. Martin Trainer, the 10th ranked guy, averages 320 yards off the tee. It seems the youngsters are getting longer and longer. It will be interesting to see how that distance "translates" to the PGA Tour, and what kind of scores these long hitters will post.

averaging 342. that’s insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be happy averaging 242.

Web.com to PGA tour, they’re never as long. Courses are much harder and tighter in most cases so they can’t just step up and start ripping it with not as much to worry about.

Keep in mind... They only take the average drive # on two holes each day. One with the wind. One against the wind....and usually more open holes where guys are more likely to hit driver.Their average drive numbers do not include every ball they hit with driver. They also do NOT have to hit the fairway for the driving distance to be counted. So in reality, while they all hit it long compared to the norm, driving distance is a tad overrated and skewed.
31ec1af943eb952990081c1270289122.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Web.com to PGA tour, they’re never as long. Courses are much harder and tighter in most cases so they can’t just step up and start ripping it with not as much to worry about.

But pga usually plays firmer and faster fairways.

Cameron Champ is number one, averaging 342 yards off the tee. Martin Trainer, the 10th ranked guy, averages 320 yards off the tee. It seems the youngsters are getting longer and longer. It will be interesting to see how that distance "translates" to the PGA Tour, and what kind of scores these long hitters will post.

Pffff. Weak. (For the World Long Drive Tour).

Curious here too. Length is a huge advantage but it certainly isn't everything. If it was those guys would be on the PGA Tour and guys like Zach Johnson and Molanari would be on the Web.

My 13 year old is rapidly surpassing me as a golfer and he probably only averages 235 from the tee.

Back