DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would so love to gap test on a simulator or trackman/flight scope etc. nothing around here as far as I know. Would be nice but it is an expensive business to run as those devices aren't cheap.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Got an e-mail from Traditional golf packages ( RNK, Brickshire, Stonehouse ) 2 nights lodging at Days Inn Williamsburg, 2 rounds unlimited golf at any of the 3 courses, free breakfast and lunch - 179.00 per person. Good through March 31st. A few buddies are thinking about doing it this weekend...may take a little bribing to pull that off lol.

Got an e-mail from Traditional golf packages ( RNK, Brickshire, Stonehouse ) 2 nights lodging at Days Inn Williamsburg, 2 rounds unlimited golf at any of the 3 courses, free breakfast and lunch - 179.00 per person. Good through March 31st. A few buddies are thinking about doing it this weekend...may take a little bribing to pull that off lol.

Telling your wife about short notice golf trips... good luck!!!!

FYI ... Forest Greens GC is open starting tomorrow at 9am. Got an email from them. Meadows Farms is open as well. Time to work half day on Friday I think.

FYI ... Forest Greens GC is open starting tomorrow at 9am. Got an email from them. Meadows Farms is open as well. Time to work half day on Friday I think.

So wish I could get a half day this week. Maybe this weekend if it doesn't rain!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

That may just be an option...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to make Friday a half day if I could. Lord knows it's been long enough staring out the window at all of this white crap. Perhaps I'll start pestering my boss...

I'd love to make Friday a half day if I could. Lord knows it's been long enough staring out the window at all of this white crap. Perhaps I'll start pestering my boss...

Pester away my friend ... Pester away! I've had a rough week behind the desk, so I can probably count myself in for 95% probability that I will be on a course in the afternoon if the weather holds.

Will do!

Pester away my friend ... Pester away! I've had a rough week behind the desk, so I can probably count myself in for 95% probability that I will be on a course in the afternoon if the weather holds.

You meant late morning, right?

You meant late morning, right?

Correct my friend! A little before Noonish ... maybe 11 we can get it in. I will be at work at 5 am just to get things done before I leave

Just an FYI, we may have 9 holes open as early as Friday. Tomorrow is a slim possibility, but they're saying there's a chance. In either case, it's only 9 holes and will almost certainly be CPO. But it beats shoveling snow :D

Gotta be honest, I didn't hate playing in short sleeves on Friday afternoon :banana:

It's amazing this area is sadly lacking in these. I mean, heck I passed two places in Orlando that were specially built for indoor simulator golf. I know from talking to ranges and course owners around here, they feel it's not financially realistic for what they feel will be a two to three month window of business. But I think they are horribly short sighted. I think there would be a call for these inthe spring and summer months as well. Obviously not the volume as during winter, but I know I tried to book the Needwood one a couple times last summer and it always seemed busy.

There used to be a company that had golf simulators near Potomac Mills. I believe it stayed in business about 18-24 months. They had two simulators and one area where you hit into a net. I believe you could hit it into like a range or even play different courses. I also believe they had leagues in the winter...but I guess it was not enough to stay in business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Golfinut I'm out for tomorrow. If you can make it out go do so. Unfortunately I pulled an afternoon client meeting tomorrow.

There used to be a company that had golf simulators near Potomac Mills. I believe it stayed in business about 18-24 months. They had two simulators and one area where you hit into a net. I believe you could hit it into like a range or even play different courses. I also believe they had leagues in the winter...but I guess it was not enough to stay in business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
There was one in Columbia, MD probably 10 years ago. It was in a warehouse and had probably 4 hitting bays hooked up with a LM and driving range screen. He also had a bay for instruction and a small putting green. Had a little living room setup with a TV, beverages and snacks. There was an initial signup of $99 and then I think $35 a month for up to four sessions. I used it several times during the cool winter and spring months, and it always seemed busy. but I guess the business fell off during the summer or something, as I went to it and it was closed up. They stopped billing my card, which was good at least.

Christ... I am just hoping this rain stops... I want to freaking play golf.

Have a tee time for Sunday and that will be my first round of the year.

Golfinut I'm out for tomorrow. If you can make it out go do so. Unfortunately I pulled an afternoon client meeting tomorrow.

Guess that pestering didn't help huh?

VA Oaks is opening 9 holes tomorrow. All weekend you can play 9 or 18 for $25. Not sure which 9 will be open though.

Compass Pointe will have 18 open tomorrow. The North/South which is a different combo than normal.

Competition is fierce. Just got an email from Old Hickory saying they'll have all 18 open tomorrow.

Competition is fierce. Just got an email from Old Hickory saying they'll have all 18 open tomorrow.

Too far if you have to be home, isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Glad to hear your courses are starting to open back up. Should keep the crowds away from our courses. Last weekend the course I played was packed with people heading down from Richmond to avoid the snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back