Do you still get anxious, excited to play golf?

Short answer: yes

I'm tuned out to golf. No golf here until April.

Yes! Each and EVERY time. It's the unknown. Will today be a career round? HIO? Who will I meet? Will I be able to hold it together when things go sideways? This is why I play and when I stop feeling this way, I will likely stop. I truly hope that day never comes too!

JM

Giddy like a school girl

I'm someone who is happy just hitting balls at the range. Getting out on the course is something I'm always excited for.

Absolutely. I love this game. I love the fact that you can always get better. One thing I'm going to get back to in 2016 like I did in 2014 was falling in love with practice. 2014 was the best golf I've ever played and I practiced a lot and I loved it. I'm going to learn to love to practice again. Hoping to get my ticket punched in a few THP events and doing some regional tournaments local so I'm looking to get back to playing good golf again.

For sure, when I put the clubs in the car my smile is from ear to ear.

Okay, I'll be the first - Nope!
Love golf, always want to play, enjoy the heck out of being on a course.
Anxious, in an anxiety sense, never enters into it; and I don't do "excitement"
Just a cranky old guy I guess :bashful:

I play at 10:30, I woke up at 5am. Making coffee now watching the Golf Channel.
That's pretty much my routine.
Wife always asks why I'm up so early.
My response, just getting prepared.

I always get excited to play golf, I love it and always want to get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I do. Living in Michigan like myself, and really only getting to play 6 months out of the year(this year aside, I actually got to play yesterday, which is freaking crazy), I appreciate every time I get to. If I lived in say San Diego where it was 70 and sunny every day all year round I may not get as anxious every time cause I know there's always tomorrow. But where I'm from come September you never know if that is going to be your last round till April so you learn to appreciate every one.

Absolutely. It's good being able to compete again and get the juices flowing like when I was actually playing sports.

Good thing about the seasons and winter coming in NY is that when spring rolls around I get crazy excited to play golf again.

There is a reason why I don't need an alarm on the mornings I play golf. I am usually up before the alarm goes off on mornings i am playIng.

I'll usually fall to sleep the night before playing the course in my head.

the competition of the game of golf gets me excited, me against myself, me against the course, me against the weather conditions, me against my opponent but the number one reason that gets me the most, playing against my son, even if it is for just "bragging rights", I get excited every time we tee it up. I want him to play his best against me. I know he has got game, a lot of game and I want to challenge him to be better, his mechanics are sound, but when he plays against me his head game is much more focused, he knows how good I used to be and wants to be better than my best was. if practices in 2016 like he did in 2014, I have no doubt he will surpass my best......and to me, that is the most exciting thing in golf for me!!!!

For me its as soon as I get on the course I get excited, bad days and bad weeks become nonexistent as soon as I smell the grass and get playing.

I get anxious and nervous every time which is annoying because I've done this before!

Golf is my escape from everything that life involves. No stresses at all. It's like my "safe zone" where I can be with friends, enjoy weather, enjoy nature and even sometimes feel completely comfortable being alone. From the time I leave the house for the course 'til the time I get home, I'm "free," I'm the "real me." So yes, I always look forward to it greatly.

Every time I pull up to the course I get excited to play. Especially now

I get excited, but not waking up early excited

I'm always excited when I play golf. It just puts me in a great mood knowing I'll be on the course.
Could not have stated it better than this.

I find it 100x's easier to wake up at 6am on the weekend for golf than I do 7 am during the week for work.

I always get excited when I play. The golf course is my sanctuary no regardless of whether I'm striking it clean or digging new irrigation trenches :D

Back