The 2015 Grandaddy Recap Thread - Thanks For The Memories

I had to lay up. I had a side hill lie and was 2up dormie headed into this hole so I needed to make par. Caddie tells me it was 165 to the water and apparently I was a little juiced up because I hit my pitching wedge 164 yards and walked up to this haha
3c7fc2707e3a044b390958e949e2a764.jpg

That picture is killer Philly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great photos guys. You can tell how much being able to attend this means to all of you. I love it.

The fact that our captain looked like a kid in a candy store the entire trip should speak volumes of how special this event is. This is Jman, who gets cool stuff thrown at him all the time, and he can't contain the smiles from all of the awesomeness that is going on.
a0573f3c1c99c873ab44e4d160591f2e.jpg

Also, It is unbelievable how genuinely cool everyone is out there, whether it be the zoocrew, or people dropping in from a legit shaft company... everyone knows how to have a good time!

13073137654b1dbd53d694b4532cf431.jpg
65f47fb2cb9d3bac6f24f7f904b07cea.jpg
435d1a9dc5ee9f336ad35f08e6dbe611.jpg

I am going to get a video recap of my rounds this weekend. I started last night, but my voice is a tad raspy from this cold. Looking forward to getting my thoughts out there.

I want that Happy Gilmore putter something fierce....

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I want that Happy Gilmore putter something fierce....

Jrod actually offered it to me... but I couldn't accept it, as it is his and Matt wood's match play trophy. Such a cool dude.

Jrod actually offered it to me... but I couldn't accept it, as it is his and Matt wood's match play trophy. Such a cool dude.
I can't think of a better match play trophy honestly.

New contest for a Grandaddy bag is up and its bringing back a rush of memories. We were very lucky to receive some awesome stuff from a great company. Hopefully some jump in on the discussion in all the threads because we were given an unbelievable opportunity to be given the clubs and put them to the test

New contest for a Grandaddy bag is up and its bringing back a rush of memories. We were very lucky to receive some awesome stuff from a great company. Hopefully some jump in on the discussion in all the threads because we were given an unbelievable opportunity to be given the clubs and put them to the test

Hoping to get out on Saturday and be able to update the equipment threads again. It has been awhile since I have swung any of these clubs. The week after the Grandaddy unfortunately.

I agree wholeheartedly, and will be sending out messages, again, this week.

Hoping to get out on Saturday and be able to update the equipment threads again. It has been awhile since I have swung any of these clubs. The week after the Grandaddy unfortunately.
I'm hoping to get to the heated range on Saturday with the weather being a little nicer but the course still soggy from snow melt. It is killing me to have these awesome clubs sitting in my basement and not being able to hit them.

The hangover from this event plus the winter blues combined with a lack of sleep has got me in a serious funk lately, and spring needs to get here so I can shake it off.

Have a round scheduled for Sunday which will be the first round since the Grandaddy. Excited to hit them clubs again

I'm hoping to get to the heated range on Saturday with the weather being a little nicer but the course still soggy from snow melt. It is killing me to have these awesome clubs sitting in my basement and not being able to hit them.

The hangover from this event plus the winter blues combined with a lack of sleep has got me in a serious funk lately, and spring needs to get here so I can shake it off.

My grandaddy hangover had me so down. Leading up to the event nothing could get me down. There was always that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow knowing that the grandaddy awaited me. But once I got back it was time to deal with the real world and that sucked

The 2015 Grandaddy Recap Thread - Thanks For The Memories

Miss this place

02d05e09e05af6d401cbd1850b2e6cfe.jpg

hoping to get some simulator time this week, should be able to review the clubs in there spots, and maybe get some thoughts from my wife about her solaire gems

Walked into the mancave to get my putter for some practice and had to do a double take. So much beautiful in this picture.
cd2da967de421fe17f38cd3bb9370077.jpg

Finally getting my first part of my recap done. I want to apologize to the rest of my team for taking this long to do it. The post event blues and just life in general really got me down when I got home. However I owe it to myself and to the rest of Team Redemption and the rest of the community to put my thoughts into words.
First Im going to talk about selection and pre event. I may start rambling at some points so bear with me, I cant help as this event is so important to me and means so much to me.
This event has always been something that I have dreamed of being a part of and couldn’t wait for contests to finally start. I won the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] contest where we had to describe the event in two words. Immediately I thought of “absolute perfection” and after this event those words hold true. This truly is absolute perfection. I woke up the morning of finding out I won with a text from Rob (CAA_Beat) telling me congrats and that he is so happy for me. I had no idea what he was talking about so I get online and see the message from JB and I honestly dropped my phone. I couldn’t believe it, the event that I had dreamed of being in I was actually in. I was speechless. I then get a welcome message from James and that was really the only pm he sent. And I love that this is the way we did it this year. Inclusion not exclusion.

Leading up to the event I worked hard on my game so I didn’t let myself or my team down during the event. Which I later learned that yes the event is about golf, but how you play on the course really is not that important. Most importantly I tried to up my activity on the forum and not just in the Grandaddy thread but all across the forum, which can be difficult for me as I am more of a reader/listener than I am a poster.

Travel Day/Team Dinner

Finally the day arrived the day that we all had countdowns on our phones for. The day we flew out to California. I had a 6 am flight to Atlanta which I met up with DDec about 20 minutes before our flight to San Diego. It was the first time I really met Dean and he wasn’t near as repulsive as people say he is. All kidding aside he came up to me and we just started talking and it was obvious that we were both really excited for the trip to finally be here. The flight to San Diego was an easy one and we actually got there 30 minutes early. We go down to baggage claim and the first of many awesome moments happens as we see our driver holding a sign with our names on it. We get to our bmw and off to Carlsbad we go. I was just in awe looking out of the car at California. Couldn’t believe I was actually there. The non belief feeling was pretty much there all week. As we get close Dean asks the driver if we could make a quick stop at In-N-Out to which she said she didn’t see why not. She wasn’t sure where it was, but Dean quickly took care of that and directed her where to go. We each get a burger and for me was the first In-N-Out burger I have ever had. Could have been because everything was amazing that week but the burger was delicious. The driver drops us off at the hotel where we both went straight to the bar to meet up with the rest of the team. Suitcases still in hand was too excited to meet everyone to even go to the room first. Hung out at the bar for a while and Jeff Neubarth shows up and just hangs out and talks with everyone for an hour or so. Everyone eventually heads to their rooms to get a shower and get ready for dinner.

We all, minus Rallo which became a theme for the week, meet up for dinner in a private room that the hotel restaurant set up for us. JB and Morgan has just a bunch of different stuff for us to eat and it was a very relaxed dinner. Immediately I knew that this group was perfect together. I know it sounds cliché but everyone just started talking to each other like we have all been friends for the longest time. JMan then stands up and gives a speech and then it is pairings time. Leading up to the event I was curious who I was going to be paired up with and personally I loved each of the pairings and like he said all along JMan had a method to his madness. For the first 18 on Tuesday I would be paired up with James and when I do that recap I will have more on that. For the last 9 I was paired up with Taylor(Texashacker) which to be honest was one that I was hoping that would happen. After an hour or so of talking and eating JB leaves the room and comes back with Jason Finley behind him. With Finley was a hotel luggage cart full of everyones swag bags. Jason starts calling people out and handing them their bags and he then calls my name and I stand up to grab my bag and he looks at me and goes woah you’re a big boy. It was one of my favorite parts of the week. He also has a box with him that had the signed Hideaway flag from #TeamRedemption and the #ZooCrew for JMan in it. Honestly one of my favorite pieces of swag from the week was that flag. Honored to be able to sign that flag. Thank you MikeG for taking care of that and making sure it was done in time. We start to open our swag bags and holy crap was there a lot in there. Felt like no matter how much I pulled out of that bag there was just more stuff to pull out. About that time Rallo shows up and instantly meshes with the group and just starts cracking jokes like it wasn’t the first time meeting all of us. JB and Morgan go to bed and then the rest of the team just kept talking and drinking and just getting to know each other. Truly was one of my favorite moments of the week. At some point someone mentions hey we should all take a shot of patron as a team. Everyone says yeah but feel it was kinda a joke until about 30 minutes later the waitress comes to see if we need anything and Colin says umm I think we need 11 shots of patron. So she brings us the shots and as a team we all take a shot and then after that we all made our way to our rooms to look through our swag bags more and getting ready for tomorrow at ECPC…
Will be doing the Monday recap within the next few days. I may have some things out of order but I had some many different thoughts going through my mind while writing this. Man the memories that come rushing back when I talk about or think about this event. I miss all of you guys and would give anything to be back there with each of you

Great start to your recap, look forward to the rest

Finally getting my first part of my recap done. I want to apologize to the rest of my team for taking this long to do it. The post event blues and just life in general really got me down when I got home. However I owe it to myself and to the rest of Team Redemption and the rest of the community to put my thoughts into words.
First Im going to talk about selection and pre event. I may start rambling at some points so bear with me, I cant help as this event is so important to me and means so much to me.
This event has always been something that I have dreamed of being a part of and couldn’t wait for contests to finally start. I won the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] contest where we had to describe the event in two words. Immediately I thought of “absolute perfection” and after this event those words hold true. This truly is absolute perfection. I woke up the morning of finding out I won with a text from Rob (CAA_Beat) telling me congrats and that he is so happy for me. I had no idea what he was talking about so I get online and see the message from JB and I honestly dropped my phone. I couldn’t believe it, the event that I had dreamed of being in I was actually in. I was speechless. I then get a welcome message from James and that was really the only pm he sent. And I love that this is the way we did it this year. Inclusion not exclusion.

Leading up to the event I worked hard on my game so I didn’t let myself or my team down during the event. Which I later learned that yes the event is about golf, but how you play on the course really is not that important. Most importantly I tried to up my activity on the forum and not just in the Grandaddy thread but all across the forum, which can be difficult for me as I am more of a reader/listener than I am a poster.

Travel Day/Team Dinner

Finally the day arrived the day that we all had countdowns on our phones for. The day we flew out to California. I had a 6 am flight to Atlanta which I met up with DDec about 20 minutes before our flight to San Diego. It was the first time I really met Dean and he wasn’t near as repulsive as people say he is. All kidding aside he came up to me and we just started talking and it was obvious that we were both really excited for the trip to finally be here. The flight to San Diego was an easy one and we actually got there 30 minutes early. We go down to baggage claim and the first of many awesome moments happens as we see our driver holding a sign with our names on it. We get to our bmw and off to Carlsbad we go. I was just in awe looking out of the car at California. Couldn’t believe I was actually there. The non belief feeling was pretty much there all week. As we get close Dean asks the driver if we could make a quick stop at In-N-Out to which she said she didn’t see why not. She wasn’t sure where it was, but Dean quickly took care of that and directed her where to go. We each get a burger and for me was the first In-N-Out burger I have ever had. Could have been because everything was amazing that week but the burger was delicious. The driver drops us off at the hotel where we both went straight to the bar to meet up with the rest of the team. Suitcases still in hand was too excited to meet everyone to even go to the room first. Hung out at the bar for a while and Jeff Neubarth shows up and just hangs out and talks with everyone for an hour or so. Everyone eventually heads to their rooms to get a shower and get ready for dinner.

We all, minus Rallo which became a theme for the week, meet up for dinner in a private room that the hotel restaurant set up for us. JB and Morgan has just a bunch of different stuff for us to eat and it was a very relaxed dinner. Immediately I knew that this group was perfect together. I know it sounds cliché but everyone just started talking to each other like we have all been friends for the longest time. JMan then stands up and gives a speech and then it is pairings time. Leading up to the event I was curious who I was going to be paired up with and personally I loved each of the pairings and like he said all along JMan had a method to his madness. For the first 18 on Tuesday I would be paired up with James and when I do that recap I will have more on that. For the last 9 I was paired up with Taylor(Texashacker) which to be honest was one that I was hoping that would happen. After an hour or so of talking and eating JB leaves the room and comes back with Jason Finley behind him. With Finley was a hotel luggage cart full of everyones swag bags. Jason starts calling people out and handing them their bags and he then calls my name and I stand up to grab my bag and he looks at me and goes woah you’re a big boy. It was one of my favorite parts of the week. He also has a box with him that had the signed Hideaway flag from #TeamRedemption and the #ZooCrew for JMan in it. Honestly one of my favorite pieces of swag from the week was that flag. Honored to be able to sign that flag. Thank you MikeG for taking care of that and making sure it was done in time. We start to open our swag bags and holy crap was there a lot in there. Felt like no matter how much I pulled out of that bag there was just more stuff to pull out. About that time Rallo shows up and instantly meshes with the group and just starts cracking jokes like it wasn’t the first time meeting all of us. JB and Morgan go to bed and then the rest of the team just kept talking and drinking and just getting to know each other. Truly was one of my favorite moments of the week. At some point someone mentions hey we should all take a shot of patron as a team. Everyone says yeah but feel it was kinda a joke until about 30 minutes later the waitress comes to see if we need anything and Colin says umm I think we need 11 shots of patron. So she brings us the shots and as a team we all take a shot and then after that we all made our way to our rooms to look through our swag bags more and getting ready for tomorrow at ECPC…
Will be doing the Monday recap within the next few days. I may have some things out of order but I had some many different thoughts going through my mind while writing this. Man the memories that come rushing back when I talk about or think about this event. I miss all of you guys and would give anything to be back there with each of you

Love ya you big ole Leishman!

Quick little story about what this means to me. I was playing a round yesterday with some guys and since this was my first carry bag I decided to carry. Well I was standing by my dad at his cart while waiting for someone to hit and I look over and see my bag and in a perfect row is the Grandaddy logo on the bag, valuables pouch, and the towel. And I just stood there and zoned out and was floored with memories and to be honest it got a little dusty on the course. I will never be able to put into words to truly explain what this event meant and still means to me.

Miss all of you guys

I totally understand what you mean brother.

Yesterday I actually finally hung my pinflag that you all got me. I literally just sat down and stared at it, reading through all the names and for each a story came to me. Some happy, some sad, all genuine.

I can't bring myself to put the towel in play. I've already retired the headcover and will use for special trips/rounds, but this bag will be preserved right along with my Arnie & Pinehurst US Open bag

You know there quite a lot of us that would like a chance to make those type of memories also!!!!! Jealousy rules supreme!!!!

Leishman you are correct, that burger freaking rocked. It was just what the Dr. ordered as a way to pregame for the craziness that was about to happen.

Back