How many times a season do you change out your putter?

I know for some of us on here we have some pretty great collections. Do you use them? How often do you change our the flat stick? Last season I gamed 7 different putters.

I own one putter. I've had it for about 7 years now. Before that I had the same putter for 15 years. When I struggle I review my fundamentals to get back on track.

I tried a new grip on my putter last year (Super Stroke 3.0). It seemed okay for a few rounds, but ultimately by the end of the season my stats didn't support that belief. Today I swapped back to a standard Golf Pride grip.

I don't expect to change putters for years to come unless this one gets damaged somehow.

After lots and lots of tinkering, I've finally narrowed it down. I have the one that stays in the bag, and I have 2 that I bought simply because I love them. I'm a constant tinkerer as far as putters go, even if I haven't been able to play a lot yet this year, but I'm finally starting to slow down buying putters!

I was dead set on rolling a odyssey metal X #7 arm lock this season but have since added a Scotty Cameron California Fastback, Seemore CDM DF, and just ordered a Odyssey Works #1W Armlock from CPO. Thinking the #1W will get first crack as the gamer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been very happy of late with my Titlest SP-201 putter but with all the talk about Cure Putters, I decided to order one. I've already been told my Titlest will not see the bag again...

Never. I love my SeeMore FGP too much.

Usually once a season. Going to roll a #7 this year and see how I do. Bought a SC but only played 3 rounds with it. Just couldn't line it up.

I go through spells of change.... Reasons around my preference for a company, for a putter itself, and for my overall stroke play pretty heavily into the deciding factors.

That said, I prefer to game one putter exclusively for long stretches of time. I'm trying to stick with the same headshape to combat that a bit, but we'll see what the year brings.

In good years, not at all! In bad years, it's been as high as 6. It was a very bad year!

Before last April I flailed between several putters for a while, making at least 1-2 changes a season. Now I've been gaming my Piretti for almost a solid year and have no desire to change at all. #trueputterlove

I could game a putter for 3 years and them change 4 putters in one year, it completely depends on what's working

Usually keep my putter for the long run. If it leaves my bag, it's pretty much for good. Last putter made it 6+ seasons. This one has made it 2 so far.

I have my current gamer and 3 putters that could come off the bench, as well as two other Scotty restore project heads. 95% of the time the Newport 2 Square Back is in the bag, I just love that putter. If I change it up, it's to test out the center shafted Method Midnight 007.

Current putter ranking:

Scotty Newport 2 Square Back
Nike Method 007 Midnight
Nike Method Core 001
Scotty Newport Circle T (I never game it, I just look at it)

Now when I get the TEl 3 restored, I will game it, but I don't see the Square Back totally displaced.

Dax

The question that begs asking of you guys who swap multiple times each season is how do you expect to gain any consistency on the greens when you keep swapping out putters? If a putter that is working suddenly fails you, wouldn't it make more sense (and be a lot cheaper) to figure out what has changed in your stroke than to run out and buy another putter?

In the last 30 years, I've had 3 putters. I wouldn't have changed to the current one if a friend hadn't loaned me his for 9 holes, and in those 9 holes I had 5 one putts and 4 two putts. I had him build one for me just like his and that's been it for the last 7 or 8 years.

I even sold my old but much loved mid 90's Odyssey, because I knew that I'd never be going back to it. I don't generally keep old clubs around, putters included.

I made the switch to Cure last year. Unless something drastic happens I can not see myself changing. Before the Cure I played a Scotty Cameron for 10 years.

I don't swap my putter out often at all. I've only owned three putters in the last 10 years.

I was forced to switch from my Versa V-Line back to my Infinite Northside at the turn of Saturday's round because the greens were really slow. They were punched & sanded Monday & they were letting the grass grow in thick.

The V-Line is going right back in the bag for the trip to Florida at the end of the week.

I game in two locations, and have used both putters consistently for a year, and I have no intention of changing them.

I've played with my SeeMore ever since I got it from the Morgan Cup. I've played maybe 10 out of hundreds of rounds in the past years without it.

Very difficult question!!! Depends on how badly they treat me!!

I finally found a putter i like so it's staying for quite awhile. Going on 2 seasons now

I've only changed a few times in my life but the one that I have now will be with me for a long time I hope

Back