The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple can suck it.

I stopped by the course on Thursday to use some shop credit before it expired and found out that the practice green and short game area were closed and that they were closing the cart barn (for the winter, I suppose). I didn't remember that this was the case last winter, but it looks like there aren't any scheduled tee times for a while and if we play, we can walk! I love to walk and with my intermediate membership, I can't walk until after 3p so I'm excited about that. Not so excited about the practice areas being closed (not sure about the range, I didn't go behind the hedge to look), but I can make it work out on the course.

My team's first game is early tomorrow morning. Some parents stayed after practice yesterday to tell me how much the boys have improved from the start of the season, which was very nice to hear. I really hope it shows during the game.
Yeah, not so much. #beatdown

Can someone (or people) please go to the TaylorMade should not release another driver thread and upload a picture from Tapatalk. While the image has been deleted, it is still showing on Tapatalk as a watermarked image. A new image might help, before I have to just delete the thread.

I was doing some shopping for Christmas for the Mrs, and was getting her a watch band she wanted. No one came near me as I was trying to check out, so I approached three dudes wearing the same shirt and skinny jeans (apparently geniuses) and asked to check out. One looked at me and told me that with items under $100 I can check myself out using the app.

I replied that I didnt want to use an app to check myself out, that's what they were there for, PLUS the item I had was over $100.

Guy just stared at me.

I hate those stores.

Getting rid of actual cash registers/checkout lines was the worst thing they did. It's a complete cluster in there now if you're not buying a phone or other piece of equipment.

Getting rid of actual cash registers/checkout lines was the worst thing they did. It's a complete cluster in there now if you're not buying a phone or other piece of equipment.

Its terrible.
But of course they have every consumer tied into it, due to service.

Its brilliant cash cow, despite being just a terrible customer experience. If it were any other brand, they would be crucified.

I thought I just hated it due to my anti apple bias. Glad to know it sucks for everyone else too

Its terrible.
But of course they have every consumer tied into it, due to service.

Its brilliant cash cow, despite being just a terrible customer experience. If it were any other brand, they would be crucified.

Sadly, the phone repair service was at least better than I've gotten via AT&T, who seemed surprised I was upset I'd be without a phone for a week when they had to send my old phone in for repair. But the actual trying to buy something there? Blech.

Sadly, the phone repair service was at least better than I've gotten via AT&T, who seemed surprised I was upset I'd be without a phone for a week when they had to send my old phone in for repair. But the actual trying to buy something there? Blech.
The services they provide are excellent, the manner in which they provide them is awful.

Yeah I agree with you there.
I mean I knew a "Genius" from the Apple store that left his baby on the roof of his car when he drove off...haha
Its just an odd mix of need and want combined with hipster.

Hey 441,
Grex is getting ready.

Yeah I agree with you there.
I mean I knew a "Genius" from the Apple store that left his baby on the roof of his car when he drove off...haha
Its just an odd mix of need and want combined with hipster.

I think the overlap of "Apple genius" and "actual genius" is pretty low from my interaction.

I have a friend who just took over as manager of the local store. It will be interesting to see his thoughts as he's been in the retail/service management game for a while and is very opinionated.

I replaced my i-phone 5 battery myself. Like many jobs it would be a whole lot easier the second time around. But it feels good to get it done and not have to spend money on a new phone right now.

I like the "what's hot" feature, is this something that will stick around, or is this a test drive?

I like the "what's hot" feature, is this something that will stick around, or is this a test drive?

It will be staying.

Hey 441,
Grex is getting ready.

Hahaha

Actually have the heater on in my car, I will not make this a rant though as it is only 63°

Actually have the heater on in my car, I will not make this a rant though as it is only 63°
Hahaha yeah probably will
still bring in a 441 comment

Hahaha yeah probably will
still bring in a 441 comment

No doubt about that. I'm wearing a jacket to, but I do have shorts on

Right there with you bro, It's 52 and my heater is one while I make a kolache/donut run. Wearing flip flops and a 1/4 zip

Right there with you bro, It's 52 and my heater is one while I make a kolache/donut run. Wearing flip flops and a 1/4 zip
Mmmm Kolaches

Ha 50's & 60's and got heaters on whatevs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back