Mizuno Blue

Reaction score
Handicap
Bandit
I've started my winter practice sessions in readiness for next season, however, when putting I find it very hard to concentrate for very long making 1 putt after another, I'm fine when chipping or playing irons for my short game, but I'm struggling to focus when practicing any putting!

How do you all get over or around this, are there many varied and different techniques to keep the grey matter active?

By the way, I'm very confident with longer putts with various breaks, it's those pesky 3-4 footer "must sink putts" I need to drill home more, I over think them and need to increase my ability to step up and put them away.

Thank you

This helps me with those "must make" putts ... especially in the winter months when the short game goes anyway.

uploadfromtaptalk1451352349095.jpg

Especially when you sit and hit putts over and over from all 3 distances. Grant it. .. they are all straight but it really makes you engrave the stroke.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you for replying golfinnut, yes I've seen various lengths and quality of these putting mats, I think I will definitely invest in one tomorrow, especially as my course has been closed for the last week due to the wet weather, what better than rolling this out at home and as you say, ingrain the stroke so it becomes second nature, hopefully.

I play a putting game with the kids that's a variation of tag. Place two tees some distance apart. Take turns putting. First person to hit the tee is "it" and can knock the other players out by putting into their ball. They keep trying to hit the tee, at which point they can knock you and others out too. It's silly but it mixes things up, all the while giving you long and short putts that matter, and is fun.

Back