What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleaning the sticks

Just finished 18 and about to clean the sticks. Was pleasantly surprised how well our course drained after the 4 day monsoon we have had.

Went to the local golfsmith in Raleigh just to get out. Hit the GBB 3W and think I may pick one up when I get back home.

Hit almost 200 balls at the range. Working on swing and then last 30 balls were focusing on flighting the ball and playing 3/4 shots

I hit an Apex CF16 7 iron with a UST Recoil 95 shaft in it while I was at Golf Mart getting my new Vokeys regripped and it literally had me ready to trade in my JPX-850s. Ball flight was perfect and I was hitting that thing around ~180. Good thing I'm a Mizuno junkie when it comes to irons :D!

I also went to the range and hit my XR 3H and 3W for the first time. All I have to say is wow. I definitely made the right choice and I'm looking forward to hitting my GBB when it comes in!

Checked in 17 golfers in most likely the last golfing day of the year and maybe into February.

Walked 18 and just thought about putting the hybrid shaft that came in the mail today in my 4 hybrid. 2 beers in me already so I probably made a wise decision to do it in the morning instead.

Played 18 holes of golf with my wife at The Tides Golf Club in Seminole, FL.

Played 18 and spent some time on THP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolled some putts and worked on chipping in the Optishot.

Played 18 with my league. Had a good time in this unseasonably warm weather.

JM

Walked 18 with my father in law and brother in law.

Walked what will most likely be my last 18 until springtime, unless i get a chance to travel. Weather was perfect, and it was a great day.

A whole lot of THP'ing while listening to NFL games in the background. I also put my SeeMore m8 up FS. I'm thinking it might be Odyssey time :wink:

Last edited:
What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Broke 100 at Bay Hill

On a simulator

Broke 100 at Bay Hill

On a simulator

I actually think I have a few of the balls from your tee shots that ended up in our bay.

The calibration on those SIM's was a tad bit off.

Walked 18 and beat the rain for the most part. We had a 25* temp change and some drizzle on the back nine.

JM

Played 18, including a little best ball action with cpljohnst, T0AD, and Just_Hacking. Always fun teeing it up with some of the GA THPers. Hopefully, weather will hold up for another round this week.

Played 18 on a wet course and made friends with some members and got the invite to play with them every Saturday at the member guest rate.

Short game practice, hit my new hybrid on the range, then played 9.

I stopped by Golf Mart to try a few putters and spent the most time with an Odyssey Works Tank Versa #1 Wide. It definitely had the best feel out of the ones I tried. I was amazed at how expensive the Nike Method milled were and was not at all impressed with the feel. I'm pretty sure the Odyssey will be my next putter, but I'll definitely swap the grip for a Superstroke mid slim 2.0 if I make the change.

Drove by a golf course while at work and wished that I was playing instead of working.... Does it count?

Drove by a golf course while at work and wished that I was playing instead of working.... Does it count?
That's golf-ish, so, I say it qualifies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back