Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
So not sure why but it seems like I putt better with just my right hand on the club. Mostly from anything outside of 5 feet but definitely better on long putts. I don't know if I am concentrating more or if my left hand is making me push or pull putts. I seriously have been told by my buddies I should just do it one hand all the time. They say it is because I don't expect to make it and end up with a better quality putt. Anyone ever have something like this going on?

A guy at one of my home courses putts one handed all of the time, he has been doing it for years and is a good golfer and putter. I sometimes practice with one hand but I am much more confident with 2 hands on the putter.

A guy at my club also putts every putt one handed. He even went to see the pro and he told him if you putt better like that why change it. He drains a lot of putts as well.

I've never tried it on the course, but I'll warm up this way if I've been leaving putts short. This forces me to make sure that I follow through.

My father had the yips later in his playing days and went one handed inside 5-10 feet. It worked wonders for him.

I played with a fellow that putted one handed with a stance more like croquet rather than golf. He held the putter down on the shaft with his index finger extended down and behind, and the grip against his forearm.

The guy was an absolute deadeye and had command of pace as well, always got long putts close if he didn't hole them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back