Arm lock putters- what say you?

Gilbertc13

Mizuno Staffer
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone here use an ark lock putter like Bryson. I rolled on the other day and could definitely get behind it. Anybody use one, what are the pros and cons?

Sent from HTX

I have never played one, but I believe arm lock (and other non traditional styles) is the future.

I played Kuchar style arm lock for 18 months and did well with it but I’m back to a regular putting style because it gives me better speed control on the very fast greens at my club.

I really like the arm lock idea. Just don’t want to drop the money for yet another putter

Sent from HTX

I think with proper practice, it and all the other non traditional putting styles can be effective. That said, I see no limitation to a well honed standard putting stroke and don’t intent to change.

I dabbled with it for a couple months, but I ultimately went away from it and went with left hand low.

I have no doubt it works but I feel like a proper fitting is more important with an arm lock then with a standard off the rack putter. And for that reason I think it will be slow to catch on.

To me, it’s anchoring. And I don’t care if it’s legal or illegal, but imho that’s anchoring.

And it wouldn’t help me, I can’t read a stupid putt to save my life!!

Back