Shorts on the PGA Tour

I'm all for it.

I have no problem with players wearing shorts it doesn't change my opinion of them or the sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be the player's discretion. If they want to wear shorts, by all means do. It is an outdoor sport quite often in high temperatures.

Golf needs to lose the 1800's mentality. Just do it!

I say let them wear shorts at all tournaments except majors or ryder cup. I think those tournaments should keep it as it is.

I say let them wear shorts at all tournaments except majors or ryder cup. I think those tournaments should keep it as it is.

Well you know that stuffed shirts at Augusta will NEVER allow it. Surprised they let anyone in the gate in shorts. Just look at those ridiculous white coverall's the caddies are forced to wear. I'm all for tradition, but it is 2016, not 1916.

I will never want the rules to change for the tournament. For days leading up to the event, no problem.

Well you know that stuffed shirts at Augusta will NEVER allow it. Surprised they let anyone in the gate in shorts. Just look at those ridiculous white coverall's the caddies are forced to wear. I'm all for tradition, but it is 2016, not 1916.

Augusta isn't the only tournament/club on tour where the caddies where the white overalls.

No stick with the pants. Heck I don't even feel right wearing shorts unless it is over 80.

Clothing tech has come so far that pants are very breathable now. Really they are not bad on warm days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than tradition I see no reason for them not to wear shorts. I'm not tuning in to see who has what pair of black/white/lime green slacks on, I'm tuning in to see golfers golf. Traditional golf hats gave way to baseball caps, knickers gave way to pants, I say it's about time pants give way to shorts.

Let the pros or the sponsors decide as to whether they should wear shorts. Pro-Am and practice rounds are a perfect "try-out" for shorts.

But, seriously, when the weather is above 80*, what is the issue? Shorts should be fine, especially if there is a "guideline" as to length.

I think shorts should be allowed for every round.

I say NO. Just like any sport where athletes wear uniforms, I believe that slacks are part of the uniform for golfers. If shorts were allowed then they would have to make sure the older guys don't wear knee high socks...LOL

I would rather see shorts than joggers and flat bills.... Everyone talks about growing the game, help get the snobbish stigma out of people's head and let them wear shorts.

I'm a traditionalist so that puts me in the no category. For consistency, John Wooden had it right about facial hair and long hair at UCLA. Bill Walton challenged his rule and Wooden said; "you'll be missed". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OPu3fnbmvo

Here's one for you...

If they allowed it... Would we see the Golfers go to shorts? Or stick with pants?

Hmm...

Here's one for you...

If they allowed it... Would we see the Golfers go to shorts? Or stick with pants?

Hmm...

I think we would see a split, more than likely by age to be honest.

I think we would see a split, more than likely by age to be honest.
And by Company scripting...

I could see Puma wanting to put some of their guys in shorts.

And by Company scripting...

I could see Puma wanting to put some of their guys in shorts.

Oh for sure. You know that RF and Jonas would rock them.

I think it's time.....every other golfer in the world wears shorts for most rounds including the LPGA...why not the PGA tour

Here's a question. No one seems to have any issues with the LPGA members wearing skirts or shorts. Why the difference for the men?

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Here's one for you...

Hmm...

I think it would be a old versus young scenario. The old guys probably wouldn't be comfortable in shorts but the young guys would.

People will say why ruin the tradition but I say why not evolve like every other sport? The pros who like the traditional look will still wear pants and those who want to wear shorts should be able to wear them.

Here's a question. No one seems to have any issues with the LPGA members wearing skirts or shorts. Why the difference for the men?

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Totally agree and I have been saying this for a long time.

Back