2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time of year I have just the opposite problem. I have to stare at the chuckleheads doing curls or toe raises in the rack until they get uncomfortable and leave.
Men's Health is always good for a "Get Big Guns in 4 Weeks" type of program this time of year.

Men's Health is always good for a "Get Big Guns in 4 Weeks" type of program this time of year.
Let's not forget how to get shredded in that same time frame haha

Good workout yesterday. Squats bench press and power cleans.

I was squatting and was mildly impressed with the guys bench pressing as much as I was squatting, until I saw them stopping at the bottom a few inches above their chests. Nice job, good effort!

Good workout yesterday. Squats bench press and power cleans.

I was squatting and was mildly impressed with the guys bench pressing as much as I was squatting, until I saw them stopping at the bottom a few inches above their chests. Nice job, good effort!
I like what you've become. Wait until you encounter your first quarter squater

I like what you've become. Wait until you encounter your first quarter squater
Oh I was going to take a video of one on Saturday but it wasn't crowded enough to get good cover.

While I generally agree with the sentiment, it is a LOT harder to stop the weight an inch or so above the chest than to let it bounce off the chest. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

While I generally agree with the sentiment, it is a LOT harder to stop the weight an inch or so above the chest than to let it bounce off the chest. ;)

It's much harder to control the decent touch the the chest and press. Full range of motion is a choice. Anything less is laziness.

Started my next 5 week program yesterday.

Deads, DB Chest Press, Pullups (back to the fighter program for me, finished week 1). Core work, then some heavy KB swings and the bike for conditioning.

My legs are dead today.

Yes, definitely much harder to touch and go rather than bouncing, but I don't believe anything less is laziness. Not saying that the dude at the gym was doing this, but we used to do a lot of lower half and upper half reps to work the weaker half of our bench press.
It's much harder to control the decent touch the the chest and press. Full range of motion is a choice. Anything less is laziness.

Don't some bodybuilders 3/4 rep as a way to really target an area they are trying to build?

Don't some bodybuilders 3/4 rep as a way to really target an area they are trying to build?
Yes. They will alter the ROM to help their pump and to add whatever shape they are aiming for.

When people say that you lose flexibility when lifting, those practices are why it happens.

Yes. They will alter the ROM to help their pump and to add whatever shape they are aiming for.

When people say that you lose flexibility when lifting, those practices are why it happens.
Long as they can flex and pose it's all good.

Darn tootin'!

Lol @ the dude inflating. :D

I thought it was hilarious that he gets more and more spray tan lol

I thought it was hilarious that he gets more and more spray tan lol

Truth be told, I wish it was like that in real life while working out...you just start hammering out curls and once you get to the desired amount of cut, you just stop and walk out of the gym. lol

Tonight I've got

Front squats
Pull ups
Incline one arm press
Romanian deads
Ab rollouts
Seated rows
Close grip pushups

I personally like some of the workout DVD's I own. I'm just trying to get NEAR their look. I use them because it give me a plan to follow, simple as that.

SMH

They didn't hurt your feelings because the people on the screen were pretty?

I read like 3 sentences and said fk it, what a worthless load of sh!t lol. Seems about right tho for our over sensitive generation.

BINGO!

tumblr_m496o969nN1qgblna.gif

I read like 3 sentences and said fk it, what a worthless load of sh!t lol. Seems about right tho for our over sensitive generation.

Of course a faculty member at Oregon State tweeted about the article. I am going to see if you can see what I find really funny/ironic/sad/obvious about this tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back