The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN under fire now for their launch and investment into the Longhorn Network. Ratings are terrible and the network lost about 50 million already.
That's a lot of coin to lose.

No way they can scrap it now, though...can they?

That's a lot of coin to lose.

No way they can scrap it now, though...can they?

Nope. Tied in. Apparently there are more fair weather fans than they anticipated. Being mediocre does not bring in the viewers. Hope it changes for them, because DIS is in my retirement portfolio.

Cant wait for Auburn to lose to Memphis in about an hour.

Awesome.
If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears, did it make a sound?

I never understood the longhorn network. The school didnt need to go that route to garner ratings/following. The Football team is under performing and that has to be a be the only reason anyone would want to subscribe to that channel bc it isn't the other sports in terms of generating school revenue.

ESPN under fire now for their launch and investment into the Longhorn Network. Ratings are terrible and the network lost about 50 million already.

Genius on Texas part not so much for ESPN. Wonder how much of that was due to the contract disputes that took years to sort out with the cable/satellite Co's. Also doesn't help that the top product is a .500 team and not making bowl games. Make the product better and demand goes up. Simple economics.

Genius on Texas part not so much for ESPN. Wonder how much of that was due to the contract disputes that took years to sort out with the cable/satellite Co's. Also doesn't help that the top product is a .500 team and not making bowl games. Make the product better and demand goes up. Simple economics.

It depends on how you view it. Im not sure genius would be the word I would choose, virtually licensing the name long term and stuck with a project that works for neither right now. Spent a lot of man hours evaluating products rather than talent.

It depends on how you view it. Im not sure genius would be the word I would choose, virtually licensing the name long term and stuck with a project that works for neither right now. Spent a lot of man hours evaluating products rather than talent.

No argument there....their priorities are way out of wack but the UT brand continues to lead the way in marketing even though they are .500 for years now. People will buy the logo but don't want to watch it on the field. Messed up but UT still getting their $$$ no matter what........least for now.

Auburn came out with the trickeration. And yes Austin, I am watching so I will hear the sound of either tree.

No argument there....their priorities are way out of wack but the UT brand continues to lead the way in marketing even though they are .500 for years now. People will buy the logo but don't want to watch it on the field. Messed up but UT still getting their $$$ no matter what........least for now.
They do have one of the more recognizable college logos, and that can float a brand for quite awhile.

See NY Yankees in selling baseball merchandise

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Auburn came out with the trickeration. And yes Austin, I am watching so I will hear the sound of either tree.
Gus still trying the two qb crap.

Unbelievably stupid.

Nice start.

Typical Gus, right there. Get momentum, run a trick play, give the ball right back.

Well that was dumb

Defense holding Memphis to 17 yards in the 1Q. That's a shocker.
Defense has looked solid, Lynch has looked average, I bet that doesn't continue.

I dont get it.

With Barber, Jovon and Kerryon in the backfield, why run that play?
Because you are a genius, and everyone must know it.

It's sad the way we have dominated the game to only be up 7. That is what is called not taking advantage of opportunities.

Good lord, We just need to run the read option with Kerryon at qb.

Hey jman, I think I need to say one thing to you today..........BOOMER...........:)

Hey jman, I think I need to say one thing to you today..........BOOMER...........:)
SOONER!

I'm freaking excited for this game tomorrow. Which terrifies me hahahha

SOONER!

I'm freaking excited for this game tomorrow. Which terrifies me hahahha
I am in the same boat. If we stick with the run to set up the pass I think we will be OK though

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

good for dabo for doing the right thing. not sure other coaches in urban cities who get caught up in the muck and meyer [sic] would put character over victories quite like that.
Yah like that one first round draft pick who definitely didn't get suspended for the bowl game when he violated the law with a misdemeanor.

Totally get what you're saying.

Nothing better than ethical comments in a CFB thread. There are so many squeaky clean programs out there

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back