The Official 2016 MLB Thread

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Since the Royals won the world series, I am going to start the 2016 thread!

Pitchers and catchers report in just over 1-1/2 months! Except Seattle, they report almost a week early.

A new MLB year and renewed hope for my beloved BoSox. Looking forward to seeing how their investments pay off in 2016.

Here's to hoping the Yanks make it past the wildcard game and the countdown until big contracts are off the books

Maeda to the Dodgers, terms not yet disclosed.

Kershaw, Kazmir, Maeda, Anderson and Woods with Ryu and McCarthy returning sometimes during the season from injury. It looks like a deep rotation but one that doesn't wow you. We shall see.

Cant wait for the Braves to continue doing nothing for another season.

This is from 2011. Ended up being a game changing move for the Royals. Hope they make the right decisions to get back again in 2016.

I would like to thank the Royals for trading Zach Greinke to my beloved Brew Crew.

Great move for you guys. BAD move for the Royals.

Why? The Royals traded a Cy Young caliber pitcher for a developing center fielder and an error prone short stop who bats .260 with no power.

oh wait...

getPart-8.jpg

This is from 2011. Ended up being a game changing move for the Royals. Hope they make the right decisions to get back again in 2016.

getPart-8.jpg
Hehe. Did you really dig back to 2011 just to find those posts?

Hehe. Did you really dig back to 2011 just to find those posts?

Didn't go there to find them, I just found them doing a search.

v3j6ev.jpg

Need I say more?

And for you Cub's fans. 2016 World Series Tee Shirt;

2luroxs.jpg

Alex Gordon is going back to KC. Should make Royals fans happy.

Just heard the news myself. This is great, reported as 4 years, $70 million. Not bad.

Man he took a bit of a discount from what he was wanting in the 5/100. Early reports are 4/70ish

yup the 4/70 is what I've seen too.

You ready for HOF announcements today? One of my favorite days of the off season.

The Twins will be in trouble again in 2016.

There have some been huge deals this offseason across the league. Some GM's need to watch Moneyball again....

Nice to see Gordon staying in KC. Just seems he belongs there.

yup the 4/70 is what I've seen too.

You ready for HOF announcements today? One of my favorite days of the off season.

you know it. Looking forward to seeing a First Ballot.

I am wondering what kind of numbers Jim Edmonds sees. I doubt he ever gets in, but this first ballot will be telling.

you know it. Looking forward to seeing a First Ballot.

I am wondering what kind of numbers Jim Edmonds sees. I doubt he ever gets in, but this first ballot will be telling.

Man he had a stretch were he was just amazing to watch, both at the plate and the field. Curious on him, Raines, Mussina. Somewhat on Hoffman too.

Man he had a stretch were he was just amazing to watch, both at the plate and the field. Curious on him, Raines, Mussina. Somewhat on Hoffman too.

If I had to guess:
Piazza
Griffey

Edgar, Hoffman, Bagwell next year potentially.

If I had to guess:
Piazza
Griffey

Edgar, Hoffman, Bagwell next year potentially.

Griffey is more about how many votes he gets because he's a lock.
Piazza was only like 30 votes shy last year, I think he sneaks in.

Agree on Bagwell, probably another year away. Raines perhaps the same. I don't see Edgar getting in anytime soon but interested in seeing his jump.
Seems like a lot of Bonds and Clemens support out on the ballots that have been released. Wonder if they end up with more than Schilling this year.

Saw that too. Not as much as he wanted, but it looked like interest was slacking off some too?

I think management had to do what they could to keep him here without breaking the bank too bad and I think they did it. The fans really wanted him here. Four years is a good contract and they kind of owed him something since he signed his last deal for less than he could have gotten elsewhere.

Not too often these days where a player stays with one team his whole career and this deal could make that happen for Gordon.

Hoping Piazza gets the nod into the HoF today.

Not sure what to make of the Mets acquisitions so far. I think we upgraded at 2B, we'll see how the OF turns out.

Back