THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Honest question. How full are the FL and AZ courses in the May-Aug timeframe? Everyone will readily admit that from September-April the conditions are excellent for golf. But at some point it gets too hot and humid (at least in FL) to play all the time. You may not have closed courses like we do, but can you tell me there is not a drop off of some kind due to extreme heat?

Packed.
Its 75 degrees for early morning tee times, if that is too hot for someone than they cannot play.
And only gets to about 90. Constant 10-15 mph breeze from the gulf and its quite comfortable.
Then add that all courses are half price for those three months.

There is a reason that the areas you named are the golf capitals of the world.
The most courses, arguably the finest courses, the PGA Tour HQ, golf channel HQ, LPGA HQ and the sheer amount of golf resorts.

Its different for everybody, but golf in FL is a year round sport. Just as the beach, and the outdoors are.
That is not a knock on a place like Michigan, but you are comparing apples to oranges.
The sheer amount of high end golf resorts, tour level courses from those 3 states dwarves most places.

Its always interesting however that a person plays the finest in Michigan and then proclaims it the best, without playing any of the 10 ten in the one they are comparing it to. Having played in both places and the best both places offer, I think my evaluation is pretty spot on and most that have played both top spots would agree.

Now were talking.
Not sure how many points are on the line but i guess it will probably be close like 4 to 5 points difference gets the win.

The rankings at this point in time is without a doubt playing a huge role into the selections for me as captain. No clue how thp is picking people.

I played boulder this year for the first time a few months back and got to play it twice. Neck was bugging me big time so not my best swings bit got a nice lay of the land. I think for anyone that plays in early there is an advantage (and probably holds true for most events) as you can pick up a few what not to dos along the way.
To what extent the advantage is...thats hars to say. It still comes down to golf shots ya know.. and the team aspect will obviously play a huge roll before and during the event
Quoting my answers to cj's great questions

Man I gotta do something to move up the rankings. Mike how's the swag room in your basement looking? Does it need cleaned at all?

Man I gotta do something to move up the rankings. Mike how's the swag room in your basement looking? Does it need cleaned at all?

#LockDownMode

I wouldn't worry brother.
You can cheer your team on if you don't get in...

Honest question. How full are the FL and AZ courses in the May-Aug timeframe? Everyone will readily admit that from September-April the conditions are excellent for golf. But at some point it gets too hot and humid (at least in FL) to play all the time. You may not have closed courses like we do, but can you tell me there is not a drop off of some kind due to extreme heat?

The only drop off in course play is that the Snowbirds go home in the Summer. Heat does not bother me at all on the golf course, and having played middle of the summer golf in Orlando multiple times and survived, I would say it doesn't bother most down here.

The only drop off in course play is that the Snowbirds go home in the Summer. Heat does not bother me at all on the golf course, and having played middle of the summer golf in Orlando multiple times and survived, I would say it doesn't bother most down here.

Didn't know that, why I asked. Thanks. My body has proven to no longer be able to handle high heat plus humidity, not for any length of time really. Anyone at the Indy Invitational saw that in person as I was laid out with full body cramps Saturday night. As much as I would love to golf in the winter, I'd basically be a hermit when it got above 85 if it's humid.

Well i have a mount to put a tv on the wl
all....just missing a tv

Well sounds like you need a cable guy to do that for you! :thumb:
Hmm the mrs did say she would like the wires to be in the wall.

Could see lots of non golf rankings movements soon.

Also on the event front im looking forward to more signup deets

Never mind

JB please see Sokolowski's Inn for Cleveland, Ohio's most celebrated Polish fare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm the mrs did say she would like the wires to be in the wall.

Could see lots of non golf rankings movements soon.

Also on the event front im looking forward to more signup deets

I have no special skills, gifts, or tickets to offer. So I am just going to keep working on my golf game and making birdies. Hopefully that is good enough.

When you're over there cleaning let me know, I'll make sure to grab an extra brew and swing on by.

I can see a lot of rounds being played at Boulder Creek to open this year's golf season.

Can someone please wake me up when this thread gets back to something not about Polaks and Florida?

Can someone please wake me up when this thread gets back to something not about Polaks and Florida?

Wake up!!! We're talking about hanging tv's in hof441's swag dungeon

Oh. That too. Forgot to add dungeons.

We can always go back to talking about how Michigan is the golf mecca of the world

It might be a while.

Man I missed a lot. Looks like an education class on how horrible the state of Michigan is.

We can always go back to talking about how Michigan is the golf mecca of the world
If youre waiting for an argument, you'll be waiting a while. A place you can play only 6 months a year can't qualify. No matter how good the golf is.

And I've played the Hideaway, so I know where the best golf is.

If youre waiting for an argument, you'll be waiting a while. A place you can play only 6 months a year can't qualify. No matter how good the golf is. And I've played the Hideaway, so I know where the best golf is.

You are a wise man Pluffy. I could have a house inside the clubhouse at Augusta and still wish it was at Hideaway.

You are a wise man Pluffy. I could have a house inside the clubhouse at Augusta and still wish it was at Hideaway.

It's too hot. ?

Back