What is the worst golf purchase you've made this past year....

SLDR, we had a short lived honeymoon phase and then I was over it.

SLDR, we had a short lived honeymoon phase and then I was over it.

The new for 2015 SLDR C-Series Driver is way better!

(Same applies for SLDR C-Series Fairways and Rescue Hybrids!)

Took them awhile, but with the C-Series, TM finally got the SLDR lineup right! All are easy to launch with a solid feel and want to go dead straight!

No longer the "sleepers of the year", these are selling out fast now!

Attachments

• sldr c sole.jpg
    sldr c sole.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That's incredible. The SLDR-C will never die

hahaha i thought it was a joke post. Wow

This year my worst golf purchase were my Recoil shafts. They feel good but were expensive and cost money to install and were a horrible fit for me and my swing.

Last year my worst golf purchase were my SLDR woods.

This year my worst golf purchase were my Recoil shafts. They feel good but were expensive and cost money to install and were a horrible fit for me and my swing.

Which recoils?

Probably the chrome soft balls. I really wanted them to work, but they don't perform as well for my low spin swing as some other balls. They are long off the irons though.

They are the 125 F4's and I switched to them from KBS Tour 130/X flex shafts that I was previously fit for at a Taylormade Performance Lab. I'm going back to 130 gram shafts and am going 714 AP2's with X100's this time after trying them out.

They are the 125 F4's and I switched to them from KBS Tour 130/X flex shafts that I was previously fit for at a Taylormade Performance Lab. I'm going back to 130 gram shafts and am going 714 AP2's with X100's this time after trying them out.

What was it about the recoils that you didnt like?

JPX 825s were my all time worst purchase

Scotty Cameron Dual Balance X5 38" - all the best tech - counterbalanced, hi MOI wings like an Odyssey 7, etc. Bought on e-bay late at night without trying it first, $160 off list price. It was way too heavy, never got the speed right. I played about 5 rounds with it and dumped it back on the bay - lost $50 on the deals. And the worst is that I have a Kombi-s with a superstroke grip that I love and putt well with. WTF was I thinking?

Lesson learned - never buy something just because it's a great buy and sounds cool. unless you've tried it. My failed experiment with the SLDR Driver should have taught me that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, were you fit to the Recoils or was it an experiment?

The new for 2015 SLDR C-Series Driver is way better!

(Same applies for SLDR C-Series Fairways and Rescue Hybrids!)

Took them awhile, but with the C-Series, TM finally got the SLDR lineup right! All are easy to hit, feel solid, and want to go dead straight!

Gotta admire this dudes passion for the SLDR C

What was it about the recoils that you didnt like?

To me, they are the opposite of stout/stable/etc. I got them back in March/April after the UST Event before I knew how to hinge my wrists properly and at the time was swinging my 7 iron 90+ and my driver as high as 108 with the UST/XR driver from the event. So they were right on the edge of appropriate for me/my swing and my thought process was that if I got tired with the X flex during a round I would suffer some in distance, and that I shouldn't have any issues from over swinging the Recoils. I ended up getting a ballooned ball flight with the iron combo in my signature that was very hard to control in the wind. I already have a tendency to unhinge early. Not a complete flip, but sometimes the handle is even with the ball at impact. The Recoils are also a mid-launch shaft when I've always played low launching shafts. I actually gained some carry distance and they felt nice/smooth throughout the swing, and I feel like they reduced vibration on mis-hits. But I had a lesson a few weeks ago on Flight Scope with the Recoils and l was averaging 95+ mph club speed with my 7 iron, 140 feet + peak height, lower spin than normal (5k with urethane balls), but 185+ carry. My longest was 101 club speed, 200 carry, and 156 feet peak height. I share all this because people tend to think people are full of it when they play x shafts or think a shaft plays too soft to flex.

My club has fitting carts and I've been messing around mostly with Mizuno and Titleist because those carts had the most options. I liked the Project X 6.5 and KBS C-Taper X shafts but really felt like I had to work to get a 7 iron with them to carry 170+ (which is my desired distance for that club), but I did feel like I could hold on to my wrist angle easier with these shafts and produce a much lower ball flight - sometimes even too low like a punch shot, but without intending to hit a punch. I liked the AP2's with X100 best because they felt like a compromise between the other shafts I tested and the Recoils. My coach agreed, though he tried to give me an old set of Rifle 7.0 shafts. So I picked up a used set of 714 AP2's with Tour Issue X100 in 4-PW that had little to no face wear for $600 and haven't updated my sig line yet.

7190DFAE-4EBA-45AF-87C5-36F5BBE3428E_zps2yvcwgdl.jpg

Out of curiosity, were you fit to the Recoils or was it an experiment?

Not exactly. I hit them at the UST Event and then got to play a round of golf with Danny Le of UST. So he saw me play and thought that I could go with 125's in either F4 or F5's, and I think he was right at the time. But I waited for ever on a back ordered J15 50* wedge before installing the Recoils and in the mean time was still taking lessons and improving my swing. By the time I got them installed (late Oct/early Nov) they weren't okay for me anymore. Now I don't even think the F5's (x-flex) would work because of their weight and kick point.

V Series Heavenwood. Tried many different shafts at various lengths, weights, tippings, etc. and still could not really control it is any aspect.

Goes to show how different we all are. My V Series Heavenwood is by far my favorite club in the bag. So much so that I bought a spare.

Hmmm a large majority of my Golf Purchases I'd say are usually bad decisions, but I tend to make my money back because I buy them on Ebay and sell them for almost even.

The worst one tho I'd have to say tho is a Ping G2 Lob Wedge. I was on a kick that I would get my G2's set matching LW, could find none on ebay, only one I could find was $60. So I bought it, hated it, now can't sell it.

A set of JPX-850 Forged irons, just could not get the feel right went back and got a set of CF16s and couldn't be happier.

Letting the Ping guy fit me for the wrong flex shafts in my Ping I e-1 irons, and getting the same shafts in the Glide wedges.

Irons have been reshafted with modus 105 stiff...cost me $220 when if I went with my gut it would have cost me zero.

Wedges, traded them in with my Long Tom driver for Callaway pm grind wedges.

SLDR S 12*, tried like crazy to make it work, but 3 months later it was retired for my old RBZ and completely finished when I got a R15.

Was just never please with it, but I suppose that's what I get for not thoroughly trying one out before buying. Was also the first and last fixed hosel I'll get, thought it'd be fine since the RBZ's best spot for me was neutral, never again.

Back