Bryson DeChambeau Thread

PhillyV

Original Ass-Cap : G15' & G18'
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
With back to back playoff wins, he is one of the hottest golfers on the planet. Some love him, some cant stand him, but what hes doing right now is pretty darn impressive and he should probably have his own thread.

And its showing in certain aspects.
One Length sales are now making up a good sized chunk of Cobra iron sales, up from a year ago per our discussions 3 weeks ago at their HQ.
I dont have an opinion on the young man personally, but I can say his winning ways sure do bring thoughts on equipment, which is fun.

He brings a new and different aspect to golf. One length clubs, heart on his sleeve, and tour driver hat makes him unique in the field. Golf needs different to draw more fans. Some like him and some don't, but he does bring a refreshing change to the game. I like him!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I'm just glad Spieth isn't playing well right now. Can't imagine those two in a final pairing. The final round in Boston wouldn't have finished before darkness.

Interesting stat. He started 2018 being ranked close to 100th. He is now 7th. Higher than Spieth, Fowler, McIlroy, Day, Watson and Reed. I don't think too many saw that one coming.

Interesting stat. He started 2018 being ranked close to 100th. He is now 7th. Higher than Spieth, Fowler, McIlroy, Day, Watson and Reed. I don't think too many saw that one coming.

I knew the kid had talent and I knew he was gonna win at some point, but I NEVER in a million years would have guessed that even as late as late Spring, early Summer of this year. Really impressive just how well he’s played!

That’s insane! I don’t think anyone saw it coming. Just goes to show you there are many ways to play this game.

I knew the kid had talent and I knew he was gonna win at some point, but I NEVER in a million years would have guessed that even as late as late Spring, early Summer of this year. Really impressive just how well he’s played!

I’m with you. I didn’t see that coming that fast for him. If he keeps this up he might just change some things.

I'm not a fan of his personality from what I've seen, but really like the idea of one length irons.

The thing I really like about this, and this is no disrespect to JT, but this isnt just back to back wins in January in Hawaii in smaller fields. I wonder if this run also gets him in the Ryder Cup too

He is interesting to watch, you can almost see the wheel turning in his head. He is well spoken when he does his interviews.

I find him irritating at times, but I can't argue with his game.

I really need to at least demo some one length irons. Bryson's explanation of "force equals mass times acceleration" doesn't make sense to me. Either the swing weights are all over the place or the overall weight is all over the place. It isn't as simple as just changing the loft. I don't know. They seem to be working for him right now.

I'm liking him more and more. For the past fifteen years my Phil has been my man, but as Phil begins to fade from the top of the leaderboards (and in a few short years enters the Champions Tour), I need a new guy to cheer on every week. I watched him win the 2015 US Amateur and remember thinking 'oh this guy could hit it really big if he carries his game to the TOUR'. His personality makes him stand out and golf needs a personality right now.

Definitely deserves the props, he has clearly put in the effort, works hard, does his homework. It may drive his playing partners nuts with the minutiae of detail he goes through, but, he is winning. As for the branding on the single length, would be worth a try, I already choke down my 5 and 6 iron.

The thing I really like about this, and this is no disrespect to JT, but this isnt just back to back wins in January in Hawaii in smaller fields. I wonder if this run also gets him in the Ryder Cup too

He's a Ryder Cup lock.

I really need to at least demo some one length irons. Bryson's explanation of "force equals mass times acceleration" doesn't make sense to me. Either the swing weights are all over the place or the overall weight is all over the place. It isn't as simple as just changing the loft. I don't know. They seem to be working for him right now.

They didn't just change the loft.

I completely agree with all this and I personally think he’s locked up a RC spot.

I completely agree with all this and I personally think he’s locked up a RC spot.

The northern trust win I think secured it. This was just the difference in being named first to the captains picks or second

Gonna be interesting to see how the one-length stuff goes. Personally, I think it will go the way of "stack-and-tilt." Tons of golfers claiming it has revolutionized golf and their games, and none to be found five years later.

i'm hesitant to crown bryson as anything more than someone riding a hot streak. i really like the kid, and he beat the crap out of everyone when he was in college. but we've seen how fickle this game can be.

i find it very interesting that bryson is selling one length so well, when i feel like as much of his success should be associated with his particular swing model. i don't see people beating down the door to swing like moe norman. maybe that's because buying new clubs is more fun than learning to actually swing them :)

First post!

I really like what he's doing on tour and i really think there's validity to the one-length approach. I'd love to have the consistent feel of swinging a 7 or 8 iron with the distance of a 4 or 5 iron. Just makes everything more consistent. The problem that I see with it catching any momentum is that it requires a fitting well beyond what a "normal" fitting would consist of. It's going iron by iron adjusting lofts, lie, etc. to find ideal gapping. In this day and age, every fitter, at least here in Seattle area, is looking to get you in and out within 30 minutes with a new set of clubs. I could see these taking hours of work to find the perfect setup.

I realize people find him quirky, but there is some serious dislike going on towards him online. Not sure where it's coming from. He played spectacularly the last two weeks.

I enjoy watching him play and the scientific approach he takes to the game. While I think sometimes he can come off a little whiney through his expressions it is nice to see someone show so much passion for doing well. I enjoyed seeing his driving range meltdown and then seeing him come back and win the next two weeks. It shows how much work he puts into the game and the high expectations he has set for himself. I really just cannot stand that hat though.

i'm hesitant to crown bryson as anything more than someone riding a hot streak. i really like the kid, and he beat the crap out of everyone when he was in college. but we've seen how fickle this game can be.

i find it very interesting that bryson is selling one length so well, when i feel like as much of his success should be associated with his particular swing model. i don't see people beating down the door to swing like moe norman. maybe that's because buying new clubs is more fun than learning to actually swing them :)

Yes. Yes, it is.

Back