The 2018 Ryder Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does course knowledge traditionally play as a factor in the Ryder Cup? Only American team member there was Justin Thomas who played well, but Noren (win), Sergio, Poulter, Hatton, Rahm all got some good experience on the course. On the flip side, Fleetwood and Olesen may have scar tissue built up.

I think most of the Team USA has played the course before.....but as DJ said earlier this year (about Shinnecock before the US Open) "if I can't learn how to play a course from 2 practice rounds then I am in the wrong business".
I think the Ryder Cup schedule is for 3 practice rounds, so learning the course well should not be a factor, at least for DJ.

Ryder Cup week is next week! Prepping has begun....so how do you guys plan on watching? Broadcast times below.

Friday, Sept. 28 2 a.m.-1 p.m. ET 2018 Ryder Cup – Day 1 Golf Channel

Saturday, Sept. 29 2-3 a.m. ET 2018 Ryder Cup – Day 2 Golf Channel

3 a.m.-1 p.m. ET 2018 Ryder Cup – Day 2 NBC

Sunday, Sept. 30 6 a.m.-1 p.m. ET 2018 Ryder Cup – Final Day NBC

I know I'll be up early Sunday to watch singles live action. The rest is tbd but I can't imagine I'll be able to sleep knowing this is being shown on live tv!

I know some didn't like the Phil Captain's pick. After his poor performance at East Lake does this put it even more under the microscope?

I know some didn't like the Phil Captain's pick. After his poor performance at East Lake does this put it even more under the microscope?

Absolutely! Especially when Xander is performing infinitely better.

I am not a fan of Phil but did not like it because of his performance not because of my feelings toward him. If he would have been performing, I would have been all for him being selected to help bring the cup home.

Ryder Cup week is next week! Prepping has begun....so how do you guys plan on watching? Broadcast times below.

I know I'll be up early Sunday to watch singles live action. The rest is tbd but I can't imagine I'll be able to sleep knowing this is being shown on live tv!

I’ll be up early to watch

I was thinking about the size of the Team USA group flying to France tonight.
12 players plus their wives/girlfriends ( 24 people)
12 caddies plus their wives/girlfriends (24 people)
6 captains plus their wives/girlfriends (12 people)
20 or so PGA of America and , or, PGA Tour staff people plus their wives/girlfriends (40 people)

The above is about 100 people, so 3, maybe 4 chartered airplanes ?

If DeChambeau continues to wear his emotions on his sleeve, he’s going to be MURDERED by the European crowd!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If DeChambeau continues to wear his emotions on his sleeve, he’s going to be MURDERED by the European crowd!!!

I don't think he cares, if anything it'll motivate him, as evidenced by the Beat Europe shirt he was wearing today after the tournament.

I look forward to seeing him put in his place. ****ing chump!

#FiberLaunch

I hope Tiger doesn't have a post victory hangover going into the RC.

It would be easy to do coming off of all emotions from Sunday.

Love the Ryder Cup, but wish it wasn't during football season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was thinking about the size of the Team USA group flying to France tonight.
12 players plus their wives/girlfriends ( 24 people)
12 caddies plus their wives/girlfriends (24 people)
6 captains plus their wives/girlfriends (12 people)
20 or so PGA of America and , or, PGA Tour staff people plus their wives/girlfriends (40 people)

The above is about 100 people, so 3, maybe 4 chartered airplanes ?

I'm quite sure they took a private Delta charter...or another carrier...but they definitely took a commercial sized plane. Delta has many private charter planes at ATL as it is their HQ...extra first class seats, etc

I'm quite sure they took a private Delta charter...or another carrier...but they definitely took a commercial sized plane. Delta has many private charter planes at ATL as it is their HQ...extra first class seats, etc

Just make sure Patrick Reed has one of those first class seats or he might throw his dummy out of the pram again..... :D

Would be interesting to see him and Rahm is a singles match. Not sure clubs, ground, nor virgin ears would stand a chance! Haha

I watched a bit of the presser with the 2 captains this morning on Facebook. They aren’t exactly the wear your heart on your sleeves types are they. They looked like the 2 guys you wouldn’t want to be stuck talking to at a party LOL.

#FiberLaunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back