The 2018 Ryder Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
he putted pretty damn well in the last ryder cup. maybe because that course was too easy :)

His battle against Captain Merica was fun to watch. He is so up and down with the flatstick. We'll see what happens this time around.

He will get dogged either way, he is in a lose/lose situation with his picks. I really think 3 are easy, Tiger, DeChambeau, and Finau. The last pick us the tough one.

Yup stupid Webb Simpson made this more difficult. Leaving him off and nobody would have said a word.

Yup stupid Webb Simpson made this more difficult. Leaving him off and nobody would have said a word.

The dude is making a lot of birdies right now. I know we don’t want him on the team, but he may not be as big a detriment as we think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His battle against Captain Merica was fun to watch. He is so up and down with the flatstick. We'll see what happens this time around.

very fun, and i hope we see something similar again. that euro crowd is going to be pretty jacked up. i have a feeling rory is going to be golfing his ball.

Yeah 1 win, back in 2016 at the Puerto Rico Open which has nobody in the top 64 I don't believe playing in it.
Its hard for me to understand why he doesn't win more, but he is still young.

I'm a big fan of Finau, follow him and his coach on social media, etc. He is the ultimate nice guy, and I think that might be part of the problem. He's had tons of top 10s this year in huge events, but he always just seems happy to be there. At some point, I think he has to develop an attitude that he deserves to win, not just place. Maybe the happy guy is just his public persona, but I'd like to see him get some fire in his belly.

I'm a big fan of Finau, follow him and his coach on social media, etc. He is the ultimate nice guy, and I think that might be part of the problem. He's had tons of top 10s this year in huge events, but he always just seems happy to be there. At some point, I think he has to develop an attitude that he deserves to win, not just place. Maybe the happy guy is just his public persona, but I'd like to see him get some fire in his belly.

I'm pretty sure you can't get to the top tier of professional sports without competitive fire. Especially with consistent top ten placements. You don't practice, practice, practice, practice that much to simply be a top ten.

He'll breakthrough at some point. He's still really young, though.

He needs to wear ankle braces more often .......

Live picks streaming now via Twitter:

Furyk not messing around, love it. Just BAM

Pick 1 - Bryson DeChambeau
Pick 2 - Phil Mickelson
Pick 3 - Tiger Woods

DOUBLE D AS A VICE CAPTAIN? I love this so much.

David Duval, Zach Johnson, and Matt Kuchar are vice-captains.

No surprises from those choices at all. I'm sure Zach and Kuchar are bummed to not be playing this year, but they've both been off their games a bit compared to recent years.

Tiger will vacate his Vice Captain spot.

With Kuchar added as a Vice Captain I think that locks up Finau as the final pick.

Love lovr love DD as an assistant! Great pick there.

With Kuchar added as a Vice Captain I think that locks up Finau as the final pick.

My thoughts exactly. I just don't think Xander is ready.

My thoughts exactly. I just don't think Xander is ready.

A MC and a T49 in the playoffs is not helping his cause. Finau has a 2 and a T4. The hot hand is clear.

Well, he got the first 3 right.
I still think there could be a surprise.

I wish I heard David Duvals name more often. I enjoy listening to his commentary and coverage's.

Well, he got the first 3 right.
I still think there could be a surprise.

Ryan Moore has some time off to practice.

b8b4697aa84d612f9f79bf7aa231ac3f.jpg

Phil already posting on twitter that he’s on the team. Also, why did it take this long for the world to get this?

3 picked were expected. Have to think the 4th is Finau's to win or lose.

b8b4697aa84d612f9f79bf7aa231ac3f.jpg

Phil already posting on twitter that he’s on the team. Also, why did it take this long for the world to get this?

Whoever is running his Twitter is really, really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back