The 2018 Ryder Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xander should have made it over Phil (assuming finau gets in).

Phil has 1 top 10 since mid MARCH..

Xander has like 3 or 4 and has been great on the big stage. Such a shame hes gonna get left out in place of a guy struggling to crack the top 10 weekly.

I blame Freddie for making me notice this now in banners, but how hard is it to take the background banner out of the bag a few days prior and get the wrinkles out?

Xander has two wins in the last 2 years
Phil has one win in the last 2 years
Finau has 0 wins in the same period.

They have said wins have more merit, so maybe its Finau that is left out, since he can't seem to close. And FWIW, Tiger has zero wins in the same time period.

Xander has two wins in the last 2 years
Phil has one win in the last 2 years
Finau has 0 wins in the same period.

They have said wins have more merit, so maybe its Finau that is left out, since he can't seem to close. And FWIW, Tiger has zero wins in the same time period.

Do you think Xander could handle the pressure?

Well he has won twice, so maybe? I mean I think he could as well as Finau, who I just love as a player.

I think Euro picks are today, US tomorrow?

Bjorn picks his wildcards tomorrow. Poulter has already shown his European colored footjoys off on Instagram, so it’s a safe bet to say he’s in.

#FiberLaunch

Really stoked to see DD as a vice captain.

Bjorn picks his wildcards tomorrow. Poulter has already shown his European colored footjoys off on Instagram, so it’s a safe bet to say he’s in.

#FiberLaunch

Who would your picks be?

I’d go: Poulter, Casey, Rafa, Pieters

Would love to see Pepperell tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta be Finau for the final spot!

Really stoked to see DD as a vice captain.

Same here. Vice captain picks today are actually more interesting than the player picks because it's a window into who they are thinking about for captains down the road. Phil and Tiger will be captains at some point, but they rarely have a guy as a captain multiple times (except for DL3) so they will need some other guys in the fold.

Who would your picks be?

Poulter, Garcia, Stenson and Matt Wallace. I know Garcia and Stenson have had some injury issues, but if they are fit, I’d like a bit of experience in there.

#FiberLaunch

Who would your picks be?

Europe already has 5 rookies on their squad (Fleetwood, Noren, Hatton, Rahm, Olesen). I can't see Bjorn taking many more rookies, I think he goes for experience. That's why I think his picks are Poulter, Garcia, Stenson and Casey. UK media is already heavily rumoring that this is the case: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/20...ed-ryder-cup-wildcard-ahead-ofrafael-cabrera/

Toughest omission in my mind would be RCB.

hard to imagine a player like Sergio who won a major in the last 2 years being left off.

Phil has been playing well but he has been streaky, I think I would have waited and added him last. But this could prove to be a huge motivator for him.

The other two picks didn’t surprise me. I see them as a team or TW/DJ. I love the vice captain DD!!!! Kuuuucchhh!!! And ZJ, my Iowa guy!!!

Stomping a mud hole in the Euros is now assured!!!!

hard to imagine a player like Sergio who won a major in the last 2 years being left off.
16-8-4 isn't bad either.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hes a lock just like Phil was I think. He has a great RC record too.

Casey Sergio and Stenson is my guess.

Europe already has 5 rookies on their squad (Fleetwood, Noren, Hatton, Rahm, Olesen). I can't see Bjorn taking many more rookies, I think he goes for experience. That's why I think his picks are Poulter, Garcia, Stenson and Casey. UK media is already heavily rumoring that this is the case: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/20...ed-ryder-cup-wildcard-ahead-ofrafael-cabrera/

Toughest omission in my mind would be RCB.

He’s had such a solid year

Mr Tin Cup? Hope he makes it!

Man I love those Assistant Captain picks! The rest isn't much of a surprise although as much as I love Phil I would rather see someone else on the team but hopefully this gets him motivated to kick some butt.

I love Furyk's first 3 picks and makes sense to wait on that 4th wether it's Finau or someone else.

1dad46868e063a392bcb419ae54eec47.jpg

I dont think going back 2 years for an event later this month does any good (to compare wins). You need the guys playing the best right now and i think Xander had outplayed Phil by a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back