The 2018 Ryder Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
With the captains picks coming, its probably time for the official thread.
We will be having a killer contest around this event as we get closer too.

Can't wait to see the final list of participants!

I’d love nothing more than the US picks to go Tiger, Bryson, Finau and Xander. Won’t happen but one can dream, right!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My favorite golf event, and its not close. I can't wait. Time for USA to break this absurd drought on foreign soil.

Looking forward to seeing us pummel the Euros. Our squad is STACKED.

I’d love nothing more than the US picks to go Tiger, Bryson, Finau and Xander. Won’t happen but one can dream, right!?!?

I think Xander is the only one that isn't going to go from your list. Regardless of Tiger not winning this season, him playing would be next level stuff for the USA. It sucks that Finau hasn't won more. He's turning into another Kuchar. Does amazingly well, but can't close. Bryson has to be a pick. Three wins this season. How can Furyk NOT pick him. I would consider Snedeker over Xander. He's a fan favorite.

Fixed that for you......

That is how I think it goes but I’ve heard some unsettling stuff about Kuch getting a spot too.

• Admin
I think Xander is the only one that isn't going to go from your list. Regardless of Tiger not winning this season, him playing would be next level stuff for the USA. It sucks that Finau hasn't won more. He's turning into another Kuchar. Does amazingly well, but can't close. Bryson has to be a pick. Three wins this season. How can Furyk NOT pick him. I would consider Snedeker over Xander. He's a fan favorite.

Yeah 1 win, back in 2016 at the Puerto Rico Open which has nobody in the top 64 I don't believe playing in it.
Its hard for me to understand why he doesn't win more, but he is still young.

What time do they announce the 3 picks today?

That is how I think it goes but I’ve heard some unsettling stuff about Kuch getting a spot too.

No matter who he chooses he'll get sh*t for it. Lots of good players to choose from. Field a team and lets go win it again

Yeah, Xander is still young but I think it’s time for some new blood too. This year’s team will be stacked in comparison to the team that won 17-11 in 2016 IMO.

Yeah 1 win, back in 2016 at the Puerto Rico Open which has nobody in the top 64 I don't believe playing in it.
Its hard for me to understand why he doesn't win more, but he is still young.

It's mostly his Sundays, I think. He can't keep the pace of his Thurs-Fri-Sat rounds.

The US team looks to solid this year. maybe stronger than the winning team from two years ago. The euros have some accomplished players on a world scale and then some euro tour standouts. Should be an interesting week.

I think thats the best 4 as far as performance the last few months

I think this could be one of the best Ryder cups ever. Both sides are stacked, with the likely US captain’s picks playing extremely well and the Brits on the Euro side in extremely good form.

If Finau doesn’t make this team, I’m jumping ship.

Also, Rafa should be on the euro team but sounds like Sergio over him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polts mystique fell apart last Ryder Cup and I don't think a single American will be afraid of him this year. Sergio can't golf since winning the Masters. I think the US team absolute rolls the Euros and I'm gonna eat up every second of it. I do think Rory will have a great Ryder Cup, but it won't be enough.

The way Finau is playing right now I'm thinking he has to be picked, same for Bryson. After all, this is why they changed the timeframe for picks, so the Captain can pick the hot hands.

Would LOVE to see Phil left out, but, it won't happen.

I really feel bad for furyk. Tough decisions coming with everyone playing so well.

Polts mystique fell apart last Ryder Cup and I don't think a single American will be afraid of him this year. Sergio can't golf since winning the Masters. I think the US team absolute rolls the Euros and I'm gonna eat up every second of it. I do think Rory will have a great Ryder Cup, but it won't be enough.

Rory can't putt. Rose and Molinari will win some points, but man that Euro team doesn't look scary to me one bit...

Rory can't putt. Rose and Molinari will win some points, but man that Euro team doesn't look scary to me one bit...

he putted pretty damn well in the last ryder cup. maybe because that course was too easy :)

I really feel bad for furyk. Tough decisions coming with everyone playing so well.

He will get dogged either way, he is in a lose/lose situation with his picks. I really think 3 are easy, Tiger, DeChambeau, and Finau. The last pick us the tough one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back