Scotty Cameron putters

A Scotty double shafted putter on ebay-

This rare double-shafted Scotty Cameron putter costs $8,500

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/this-rare-double-shafted-scotty-cameron-putter-costs-dollar8500

camerondouble2.jpg

This is crazy looking. I guess one could putt righty or lefty with it.

Would you be willing to part with it?

I'm going to try and sell my wife on the restore project, before trying to sell it... I just love the way they look restored...

Dax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for all you Scotty fans:

I've always wanted to try a Scotty, but I've never pulled the trigger. Like plenty of others, I love the look and unique graphics of some of the Circle Ts, but I don't have anywhere near the funds to make that happen. At the same time, I don't really like the looks of the current line all that much, so I'm not particularly inclined to just go pick up a new Newport from the rack. If I were to hypothetically to talk myself into buying sometime in the next year or so, let's say the max budget is $500 (which is probably high), and I'm much more likely to be interested in a blade than a mallet. Do you guys have any recommendations? Not necessarily a specific putter that someone has for sale this very minute, but just years/models to keep a look out for?

Question for all you Scotty fans:

I've always wanted to try a Scotty, but I've never pulled the trigger. Like plenty of others, I love the look and unique graphics of some of the Circle Ts, but I don't have anywhere near the funds to make that happen. At the same time, I don't really like the looks of the current line all that much, so I'm not particularly inclined to just go pick up a new Newport from the rack. If I were to hypothetically to talk myself into buying sometime in the next year or so, let's say the max budget is $500 (which is probably high), and I'm much more likely to be interested in a blade than a mallet. Do you guys have any recommendations? Not necessarily a specific putter that someone has for sale this very minute, but just years/models to keep a look out for?

I bought a Select Newport 2.5 last spring and I love it.

I just picked this up for 85 bucks and was wondering if I would be able to do anything myself for not a crazy price for the top line?
3bdf0f73fbdc4c369ef390d50a74a358.jpg
99978dcf73606f4ca612e885be1fb672.jpg

I've got an old (circa. 2000) 34" Pro Platinum that I'd be willing to part with if anyone's interested.

I've got an old (circa. 2000) 34" Pro Platinum that I'd be willing to part with if anyone's interested.

Can you post or PM some pics?

I just picked this up for 85 bucks and was wondering if I would be able to do anything myself for not a crazy price for the top line?
3bdf0f73fbdc4c369ef390d50a74a358.jpg

Something yourself? I'd argue no. There are lots of options out there for refinishing that will keep you well under the market value of that putter though.

Awesome find.

Something yourself? I'd argue no. There are lots of options out there for refinishing that will keep you well under the market value of that putter though.

Awesome find.

Other than the top line the putter is in pretty decent shape.

What is the turnaround of the various refinish places? Which ones would you recommend?

This thread has me alternating between wanting to send my Newport Oil can in for refinishing, or just selling it outright.

I also have a 34" Futura in great shape that I just haven't been able to get the hang of. I've been tempted to try and mess with the weighting to try and counterbalance it, but I have a hard time picturing it as a gamer. The aluminum sound is just too goofy for me.

I was a member last year and just renewed. I typically join if I like the stuff but seldom use the pre-purchase opportunity. If it's something I really like though, I like the opportunity.

I join yearly, but the "pre-purchase" part is BS. If you are not sitting at your PC at the time of the release, you will still miss out. CC members normally get the word too late, but still sooner than the public.

What is the turnaround of the various refinish places? Which ones would you recommend?

CS is 45 days, but finish's are now limited. BOS is the place that did most of the original Cameron black oxide finish's including oil can, which is still done using the black oxide process.

Finally put a Scotty in my bag. Bought a Newport 2.5 for a good price. Love it so far, but will probably swap out the grip for a super stroke.
3ad253e8ccb55ee26891a9417fc4cd03.jpg

I've got a line on a Tei3 Newport 2, waiting for the price quote as its a local guy.

Thanks guys. Already drooling over what I want to buy to add to the collection.... This could get expensive.

Can't wait for this to show up next week

Last edited:
Back