Anyone more interested in the One Length concept now that BAD is hot?

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’ll admit, I’m intrigued more by the concept that I have been before. Mostly because I seem to do most of my lesson practice with a 7i and I’ve had some iron struggles.

My biggest issue is that I literally have no way to demo them. I’m left handed so nobody has anything around that I could even remotely try to see if it is something for me.

Such a concept really needs an overload of floor space and demo clubs in order to be able to even try. That is something Cobra doesn’t get much of where I live. If they haven’t thought of this already, Cobra should launch an online demo program for both hands and both shaft types to essentially rent some demo clubs. I’d be willing to demo a LH graphite one length set if I could get a PW, 7i, and 4i to try. It just seems so impossible to find in today’s retail world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone moving to single lenght iron shafts after the last 2 weekends

The logic of a single length iron shaft has made much sense to me for a long time. but not enough to try it. Now, the winner on tour the last 2 weeks uses this technique with an interesting swing. What do we make of it? can we buy a set of name brand irons in a set length?

I would be lying if I said no. Maybe next year or in the future I will go down the OL road again. I am firm believer in the methodology and technology.

I am more and more intrigued. I still need to demo them. But I am interested.

I don't generally have an issue with long irons, but I wouldn't mind hitting some one length clubs at a demo day or something. I wonder if it would help prevent the $#@nks that have crept in again recently.

Tried it, not a fan. The theory is sound and I don't besmirch anyone who tries it though as it could be a great thing for some.

I liked them but had shaft issues. Definitely excited for the next generation (I hope they make a new line)

Not interested at all. Bryson does nothing that grabs my attention or desire to mimick plus outside of the looks cobra irons have been ok but nothing that’s nadexme wabtvto bag a set in the last 3 years

I guess I wonder how much adjustment would have to done when using wedges?

I've had an eye open to them for the past few seasons. I don't struggle badly with long irons, in fact I just went from hybrid to 4 iron in my current set. Like many in golf I struggle with overall consistency at times and it's a me thing. I wonder if OL can help me curb some of that inconsistency that creeps in.

I would be open to them, but I was open to them years and years ago when there was a set out by Tommy Armour (I think) called the EQLs. My brother talked me out of them.

I guess I wonder how much adjustment would have to done when using wedges?

There is definitely an adjustment period but I don't hesitate using my 56* anymore.
It honestly brought back some more excitement to the game to figure out how to adjust to the longer shaft!

I plan on getting some good LM data up soon once I get on a GC Quad to show how they perform for an average golfer.

I am a believe in the ONE Length idea and I think anyone should at least give them a shot.

I picked up a set of Sterling One Length irons before Bryson was on Tour. I played around with them for awhile but at that time they only went to 5i and had no hybrid. They have since added a 4i and a hybrid but I feel that Cobra has surpassed them in terms of club design and engineering with these One Length (no facts of my own to back it up).

I'm really interested in trying a set of the new F8's (with jumbo max grips).

There is definitely an adjustment period but I don't hesitate using my 56* anymore.
It honestly brought back some more excitement to the game to figure out how to adjust to the longer shaft!

I plan on getting some good LM data up soon once I get on a GC Quad to show how they perform for an average golfer.

I am a believe in the ONE Length idea and I think anyone should at least give them a shot.

That would be very interesting for sure. It will be interesting to see if there is an increase in spin #'s also.

I’m all in

Sent from HTX

So for those interested in trying them, is availability the hindrance that prevents pulling the trigger on actually doing it?

So for those interested in trying them, is availability the hindrance that prevents pulling the trigger on actually doing it?

Mizuno don’t make OL

Sent from HTX

I switched to OL back in February and I couldn't be happier. I've always struggled to be consistent with my irons, especially wedges. I definitely struggled to get comfortable with setup, as I'd just keep tinkering, and tinkering for each different club.

While it does take some adjustment to longer wedges or shorter long irons, I think the biggest adjustment needed is all mental. It's hard to take a wedge or a 5, and swing it exactly like a 7 (and every other club), and trust that it's going to work. But once you get there, everything really does become simpler. There's nothing physically special about swinging a OL club--it's almost all mental.

One unexpected benefit is I've gotten much better at hitting from uneven lies. I've become extremely comfortable with my normal setup, and it's made it much easier to adjust with uneven lies.

Lots of people worry about workability of the wedges, especially when you get to 50-60 degree clubs. IMO, if you can hit regular wedges and finesse them, then you'll be able to do it with OL. And if you struggle with wedges, then who knows, maybe OL with help you figure it out.

Yes absolutely, since they've been released in the F7 I believe it was, I have yet to see them outside a golf shop with a net/simulator, I'd love to hit them on a range even like 5i/8i/PW just to see what it's like.

The One Length setup is such an interesting concept. After hitting them last year I could see how people would like it. I'm personally too stuck on traditional clubs but I would have no problem putting OL in the hands of my kids to learn with.

I tried it briefly with a partial set of 4, 7, PW, LW, but couldn't get used to it. Maybe if I were dedicated enough to change my swing to the single plane swing, too, it might work better. I'm not that interested. Not to take anything away from BD, but there are still far more guys winning using the "normal" swing and "normal" clubs.

Wouldn't mind trying them. Would not just blindly buy a set though. Almost 40 years of playing with standard length irons and wedges may make for a tough chnage,

What would I need to make single length clubs work? Just shafts? I believe the headweights in my MMCs are the same throughout the set. I’d probably need to alter the lie angles too

Sent from HTX

What would I need to make single length clubs work? Just shafts? I believe the headweights in my MMCs are the same throughout the set. I’d probably need to alter the lie angles too

Sent from HTX

You would also need to make some extreme lie angle adjustments on some clubs which may prove problematic.

Back