Colored balls are getting ever so popular out on the public courses (at least by me)

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
Ive used yellow ones for a number of years. I just always like the way I can better track them in the sky. Don't really find them any better, I mean a hidden ball is hidden regardless. But I can track them better and so is why I used them. I also enjoy knowing exactly which ball is mine from even a significant distance.

My current ball of choice is chromsoft. And yes I play yellow. And also truis balck/yellow. I do have some red/white which I don't like as much. I also just got some usa flag truvis ones. Not yellow but I like anything with the flag on it. And in the fall season with the leaves (many being yellow) I often switch back to white and so Ill be gaming those white with us-falg truvis ones in the fall season.

Ebough about me. Lately past couple years it was very rare id find another in a 4some (with me) using yellow but its become much more common and nowadays its often enough that there could be two of us.

So a couple weks back I played with someone using one those really bright florescent violet coloreds balls. And I had my yellow/black truvis. And then were two woman...one with a pink ball and another light blue. Everytime we got to a green it looked like a minigolf game at the amusement park. It was quite a running joke most the round.
But you know what? Its was cool imo. And I like when I see the colored balls in general. adds a little something in a way vs plain white all the time. I think it be pretty cool if we seen a lot on tour.

Anyway...some people (yes they do exist) see such a thing and sort of mock it. I could care less but it just sems to be one those things like iron covers that just bothers some people for some reason or they think they are too good for some color on the ball. Whatever, who cares.

And so have you noticed more and more and colored balls out there nowadays? Don't see them much at all? Play them yourself? Like it, don't like it? Would they be cool to see on tour. Whatever the case...chime in as your heart desires.

I may have to switch to a bright ball sooner rather than later. My vision sucks.

I switched to the yellow balls about 4 years ago and never looked back.
I see them better in the rough and trash and that has saved me numerous strokes over the last 4 years.
Mock me if you will, I really don't care what color your balls are....:bulgy-eyes:

I’ve noticed an uptick as well. And a year ago a guy in my league who was making fun of my “soccer balls” now plays Truvis exclusively and even shot a PB with the yellow and black Truvis.

I like the bolder colored matte finish balls. Before those I didn't use the non-white balls because there didn't seem to be much of a difference as to visibility so I didn't bother. Plus it was hard to find decently performing balls in colors other than white back in the day. I don't remember ever seeing a balata in other but white.

Now, given the choice I'll choose the most obnoxiously bright ball possible. Whether we will see much of it on tour is an interesting question as to tradition vs. players trying to be distinctive/entertaining.

I think the reason for the uptick is that more "performance" based balls are being offered in colors other than white. I'm not seeing a big difference on my home course but certainly seeing more than I used to. Truvis lover, here, also.

I use yellow balls because everyone I play with uses white and that makes it easier to spot my ball. I also like the Wilson Duo in optic orange. The only time I break out a white ball anymore is if I decide to attempt a risk reward shot.

I use the red Vice ball on overcast days and during the winter. It is much easier to see and find.

I think the reason for the uptick is that more "performance" based balls are being offered in colors other than white. I'm not seeing a big difference on my home course but certainly seeing more than I used to. Truvis lover, here, also.

I like the truvis for when short chipping around the greens as I love to actually see the backspin.

Since my course started allowing some public play, we’re starting to see them all over the place. I found a sleeve in my backyard from the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve gone to the optic yellow WS Duo Soft (though I had better luck finding the red version this past weekend). I also like the Truvis, but wait for special deals to get them. My older eyes need help, and white doesn’t cut it anymore.

I play a lot of single rounds after work and I have very poor vision despite being in my early 30’s. Orange balls help me find my wayward drives in the rough. I’ll play yellow if I have to, but I prefer bright orange e6’s.

I like em all! And I’m seeing more people gaming more colors here too. I love the truvis, and the yellow ones, the new Callaway supersofts come in some awesome colors, and I’ll game any of them.

I almost never play a White ball anymore. I love me some yellow or Red balls just don't like Blue Balls very much.

I play a lot of single rounds after work and I have very poor vision despite being in my early 30’s. Orange balls help me find my wayward drives in the rough. I’ll play yellow if I have to, but I prefer bright orange e6’s.

not really a fan of that e6 orange though ( Iuse to play e6 yellows). Just something about that one (as much as I do like colors) that doesn't appeal to me vs yellow/greenish. But too each our own..lol

For some reason, they cause my eyes to move off my "spot" too often. Even yellow range balls do it to me. Every so many months I try a new one just out of curiosity, same bad results.

I've been married for 10 years. I have blue balls.

Usually one 1 person in the foursomes I play with will have a white ball. I personally play yellow and my usual partner plays red. One of the group tried blue for awhile but switched to bright pink for better visibility. In my group we're not looking for high performance tour balls, just something we can hit and find in the rough.

They are becoming very common, and I don't mind, but I'll never play anything but white, even in the snow.

My favorite to least favorite is yellow/black truvis, yellow, white/pink truvis (better than the white/red), orange then white.

Normally I don't play a white ball but because of some great golf ball deals online that didn't offer them in yellow, I now have quite a few white ones.

My favorite to least favorite is yellow/black truvis, yellow, white/pink truvis (better than the white/red), orange then white.

Normally I don't play a white ball but because of some great golf ball deals online that didn't offer them in yellow, I now have quite a few white ones.

yea...sometimes unfortunately I go white just for the good price deal as well

I'm hooked to yellow chrome softs. It's all mental but I feel my game is better and find them easy on the eyes when putting

Back