THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Can't wait to see the final details for this. I already know it will be a course I've never played, but just knowing that detail brings another level of excitement. Also looking at the other RR threads the format will be a big factor as well. 27 holes. ..

Like a famous 2 time Super Bowl champ once said "Talk is cheap, play the game" I will let my preparation do the talking.

I think it is time for the two captains to put a friendly wager on this. With the belt talk latley why not a belt buckle? What do yall think? Captain Ron can have his crew of scallywags help him split the bill.

I think it is time for the two captains to put a friendly wager on this. With the belt talk latley why not a belt buckle? What do yall think? Captain Ron can have his crew of scallywags help him split the bill.

Plenty of time for that buddy. Plenty of time. And there will be a wager that you can take to the bank.

Alright guys back on topic to the event.

How are you going to get to the point you feel you need to be in your golf game for this event?
One of the things I put a ton of stock in is how you are going to bring that to the forum ?

Kevin and I will have some choices and while I will not speak for him as far as I am concerned everyone on the Carolina's has a blank slate and needs to show the forum and their teammates their drive for this event.

How are you going to get to the point you feel you need to be in your golf game for this event?
One of the things I put a ton of stock in is how you are going to bring that to the forum ?

Kevin and I will have some choices and while I will not speak for him as far as I am concerned everyone on the Carolina's has a blank slate and needs to show the forum and their teammates their drive for this event.

I like it brother. If I were to add to it.

Showing the forum and those teammates is not only done with a club in your hand. I won't worry about post count, but I will look for relevance and substance. In other words "welcome to THP" isn't going to cut it.

32db89854b1fda29e20b82b10ba2d96a.jpg

Mostly cause I don't like they hype train graphics on my Tapatalk hahaha

I like it brother. If I were to add to it.

Showing the forum and those teammates is not only done with a club in your hand. I won't worry about post count, but I will look for relevance and substance. In other words "welcome to THP" isn't going to cut it.

Couldn't have said it better

I can't speak for all of team DMV or our captain but the simple answer is hard work for me and being open about the changes in our golf games. For me that's short game. I played in 2 THP events last year and made one local DMV outing. My game traveled well and it was due to the hard work I put into my long game. I dropped my HC by 5 last year and whats holding me back in the next 5 (down to a 10) is short game. It's my focus and I'm determined to get better.

I am going to recall on past experience with my Legacy prep on what worked and what I need to work on more. Playing under that pressure and learning from those around me helped a lot for how the rest of my golf season went. I hope that I can use that towards this event. As for bringing that to the forum I will try to keep people up to date with how my game is flowing and trying to add my opinions and what knowledge (little or a lot) on subjects that I think I can help with.

I don't tend to talk a ton about my own game on here (or anywhere, for that matter). I could see this event pushing me to do so more, and in turn, helping me analyze my game to a greater level. I generally think about my round or practice session on the way home, look at what I need to focus on, then do that next time. I'm a pretty simple guy like that.

I think that opening up about practice - how I do what I do - could help me and also others. For instance, the last time I hit the range (seems like ages ago now due to rain and the holidays), I just kinda beat balls with my short irons, then got some good bunker work in. Owning up to not really getting a good workout with my irons will push me to do better. And maybe others will pitch in and help me keep it fresh. There's only so many 3 club drills I can do before I'm bored. We will feed off each other and make each other better...

Time to get my A game ready for this. Kev, get ready to be amazed.

Congrats on being the captain - can't think of a better person for this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure"where I need to be" due to what would be required of me by others. As for myself I have worked my ass off at the range this year trying to improve my game. In doing so my handicap has come down by 10 Strokes. I am extremely happy with that kind of improvement and the fact that I earned it.

I would say I'll be playing more frequently to get ready, but that's impossible if I wish to keep my job.

Perhaps the Carolinas team hopefuls could organize more informal meetups between now and whenever the event will be held...?

As I believe I am pretty active in the forum, when back into the country I'll be going to the local golf shop, putting a decent head on my #projectx shaft, and setting myself up for some lessons to work with what I have and groove my swing.

Also, I'll be making this my mantra:
5394e902f126ab47e6efb58fd8d7006f.jpg

One of the things I put a ton of stock in is how you are going to bring that to the forum?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I would say I'll be playing more frequently to get ready, but that's impossible if I wish to keep my job.

Perhaps the Carolinas team hopefuls could organize more informal meetups between now and whenever the event will be held...?

I'm hoping for more get togethers this spring/summer. I'm willing to travel to an extent, but having a 3 year old at home somewhat limits that.

You gotta admit ... you asked for that one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dude,
Do we really need all that? I'm not sure what is behind all of this, and I don't really care.

However, I will say that I really don't like troll like behavior. Intended or not, it's just bad for everyone and anyone that is looking to get in on this. I think we're all above that here. I'm all about the fun, and all about the good times. It will be done in a classy way, with the spirit of competition bringing friends together on the golf course.

I'm not sure"where I need to be" due to what would be required of me by others. As for myself I have worked my ass off at the range this year trying to improve my game. In doing so my handicap has come down by 10 Strokes. I am extremely happy with that kind of improvement and the fact that I earned it.

Where you need to be is where YOU are comfortable. No one expects anyone to be a scratch golfer over night. If you can shoot your cap have some fun and be there for your fellow teammates to me that is where you need to be but again the only person that needs to be at peace with your game is yourself.

If you are honest with yourself and the team everything else falls in place.

I got one for you. You have to play me straight up from now on no more getting six strokes from me ;)

I would like to see more informal get togethers even if it is twosomes/foursomes throughout the state instead of a large get together get to know each other get to know the others games and drive them to improve.

1) I like when there is something on the line and I like to be relied upon to do my part and/or pick up my partner when needed. I will put in work to have my game as consistent as possible and will continue to challenge myself with courses and tees that I play.

2) I believe in sharing with the forum and the openness for all to see. I have been active across THP in the 1+ years I have been here, been to 3 events and tried to get into several others last year. I will continue to be open about the work im doing, how my game is, will share practice time and results. I will support those who are chosen to rep dmv but will also support the Carolina team because this is not just about the RR between these two teams but about the larger THP and the future of this event for other embers to partake of in their regions.

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Honestly the same way I approached #TheGrandaddy. I am going to work hard to better my game from every stand point. I am going to go the range to work on the swing, I am going to work on my putting inside when I can't get out to the range.

Most importantly for me however is I'm going to bring my work to the forum and not just in this thread but all over the forum in hopes to get people to come into this thread and see what it is all about. It tends to be easier to just put everything that you are working on for this event just in this one thread but there will be people who don't live in these areas and even some who do live in these areas that won't venture into this thread and that is where I will do my best to change. We have to get people interested in the regional rivalries in hopes of this event being an every year thing, because really this would be a fun event for every region to be able to compete in.

And like in #TheGrandaddy and should be in every event rule #1 for me is Dont be a Richard! Yes this is a competition and a rivalry but we can banter back and forth and trash talk without being a Richard about it

Dude,
Do we really need all that? I'm not sure what is behind all of this, and I don't really care.

However, I will say that I really don't like troll like behavior. Intended or not, it's just bad for everyone and anyone that is looking to get in on this. I think we're all above that here. I'm all about the fun, and all about the good times. It will be done in a classy way, with the spirit of competition bringing friends together on the golf course.

And a drink or two after :drinks:

I got one for you. You have to play me straight up from now on no more getting six strokes from me ;)

I would like to see more informal get togethers even if it is twosomes/foursomes throughout the state instead of a large get together get to know each other get to know the others games and drive them to improve.

The 2016 THP Call Out will be good for this crew.

Back