Anyone in Maui Oct wk 1?

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
Looks like I'm able to free up a little time, so I think we're going to our place in Maui. Don't have anything in stone yet, but I think I'll fly either 9/30 or 10/1 and stay 7-10 days.

If anyone is around, I plan to play golf most days - I tend to play the Wailea courses a bunch, but I also enjoy Kapalua (need to check their aeration schedule.)

Let me know if you can tee it up!

Looks like I'm able to free up a little time, so I think we're going to our place in Maui. Don't have anything in stone yet, but I think I'll fly either 9/30 or 10/1 and stay 7-10 days.

If anyone is around, I plan to play golf most days - I tend to play the Wailea courses a bunch, but I also enjoy Kapalua (need to check their aeration schedule.)

Wailea courses are fun. Kapalua too tricked up for my taste. I've heard Ko OLau is not gonna be around much longer and it's toughest course ever in Oahu. Make the trip

Played it several times. It's ok. Tough, but not in a real test of golf way. More like tough as in you are fighting soggy turf and jungle all day long.

Very fun when you can get on for $50. That usually only happens after it's been raining a lot and they're willing to discount the course to anyone who doesn't mind getting soaked in mud.
Wailea courses are fun. Kapalua too tricked up for my taste. I've heard Ko OLau is not gonna be around much longer and it's toughest course ever in Oahu. Make the trip

Posted on Tapatalk via my Motorola RAZR

I'd be happy to fly over to tee it up with you man!

Damn ... I won't be there until the last week of October. 25th thru 31st. Staying in Waikiki & will visit my aunt on the North Shore.

Aloha. Kapalua plantation aerates today, it is also doing some serious maintenance on the plantation course. Bay course areates on oct 2nd.
Wailea gold or emerald are in perfect conditions. Emerald aerates on the 11th, gold is dec 4th. So either course should be ready to go.
Like hicksta, I can fly over, just a 25 min puddle jump.

Ko’olau not going anywhere. They are dumping millions into it. They just removed half the trees, they are currently getting the greens back to where they should be, and finally sand for all the bunkers. Give them till 2019 and koolau should be back. Till then play royal Hawaiian, it’s sister course if you want a jungle feel to your round.

Aloha. Kapalua plantation aerates today, it is also doing some serious maintenance on the plantation course. Bay course areates on oct 2nd.
Wailea gold or emerald are in perfect conditions. Emerald aerates on the 11th, gold is dec 4th. So either course should be ready to go.
Like hicksta, I can fly over, just a 25 min puddle jump.

Thanks for the heads up about Kapalua. Didn't really want to drive up there any way.

I will keep you posted when I can shore up the dates.

Something came up that week, so I won't be able to get out.

I did, however, just book a flight to go on the 17th of November. So, as of now that's the soonest I can get out. If you guys are around, that would be awesome! If you'll be island hopping we should try to play 36 at Wailea, and make it fun

I did, however, just book a flight to go on the 17th of November. So, as of now that's the soonest I can get out. If you guys are around, that would be awesome! If you'll be island hopping we should try to play 36 at Wailea, and make it fun

I'll be here man, so hit me up!

Perfect I’m due back from the NorCal/SoCal event on the 14th.

Ko’olau not going anywhere. They are dumping millions into it. They just removed half the trees, they are currently getting the greens back to where they should be, and finally sand for all the bunkers. Give them till 2019 and koolau should be back. Till then play royal Hawaiian, it’s sister course if you want a jungle feel to your round.

Awesome to hear as a local told me bad info. Can't wait to go back

Perfect I’m due back from the NorCal/SoCal event on the 14th.

Ok, so now Oct. week 1 may be back on, AS WELL AS week of Thanksgiving. My schedule is all over the place. I feel like I won't know for certain until I'm in the air.

Though, I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing you at the Cal Classic!

Alright, change of plan again @Breaking 79 & @mr.hicksta

Locked in for the following:

Oahu 9/30- 10/6
Maui 11/16-11/25

Tentative:

Kauai Sometime in January.

Hopefully you guys can find some time to tee it up!

Oahu 9/30- 10/6
Maui 11/16-11/25

Tentative:

Nice !!! I can play any day except Saturdays. For Oahu, Royal Hawaiian, Ewa beach, kapolei, ko olina and the Palmer course all in good shape. Everything else not worth your time/money.
Friend just play wailea-gold. Near mint conditions he says. Emerald aerated Tuesday. Aloha

Nice !!! I can play any day except Saturdays. For Oahu, Royal Hawaiian, Ewa beach, kapolei, ko olina and the Palmer course all in good shape. Everything else not worth your time/money.
Friend just play wailea-gold. Near mint conditions he says. Emerald aerated Tuesday. Aloha

Ko Olina is one of my all time favorite tracks and I'll probably play there exclusively on this trip. I don't think I'm going to bother to rent a car, and I'll be staying across the street.

Oahu 9/30- 10/6
Maui 11/16-11/25

Tentative:

I’ll be around so let me know when and where and I’ll make it happen!

Ugh. Ko Olina is aerating on Monday. It's discounted, but that really sucks. I'll still play there, but maybe not as often.

Ugh. Ko Olina is aerating on Monday. It's discounted, but that really sucks. I'll still play there, but maybe not as often.

Dude if you wanna hit up another course, I have no issues giving you a ride.

I may take you up on that. thanks. I'll probably rent a car. I'm just disappointed. Ko olina is one of the reasons I ever visit Oahu.
Dude if you wanna hit up another course, I have no issues giving you a ride.

I may take you up on that. thanks. I'll probably rent a car. I'm just disappointed. Ko olina is one of the reasons I ever visit Oahu.

Look into Ewa beach. It’s close by and always in immaculate conditions. A fav of me and joshs

I'll probably play there as well. Last time I played Ewa it was super slow so I tend to avoid it.

Yep, best to tee off by 10am. If you want to punish yourself, Royal Hawaiian is in pretty good condition and dry.

I do enjoy RH. I don't think I've ever played it dry. Is it that much different ( punishing?)
Yep, best to tee off by 10am. If you want to punish yourself, Royal Hawaiian is in pretty good condition and dry.

Back