Steel to graphite

zooropa

Reaction score
Handicap
Can someone please either help with the above or post a link? The clubs I bought haveyou have to s300 in them (the set I currently use a set with xp95) so there will be a big difference in weight from s300. The new irons are .355 taper, my understanding is you need to buy a shaft for each iron, is this right? Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Yes, if you are wanting to change out your iron shafts, you will need to buy a shaft for each one you want to change.

Maybe someone else will understand, but I don't really follow the rest of your post. Are you wanting to switch out the XP95 S300 shafts in your irons to graphite shafts or are you asking something else?

Yes, if you are wanting to change out your iron shafts, you will need to buy a shaft for each one you want to change.

Maybe someone else will understand, but I don't really follow the rest of your post. Are you wanting to switch out the XP95 S300 shafts in your irons to graphite shafts or are you asking something else?

Sorry, the irons that I will be changing the shafts in are s300 however the current set I use have xp95 so I want to go to a shaft around the 90-100 gram weight in graphite. Is that any clearer?

Recoil 95 F4 sounds like it might be a good choice.

Sorry, the irons that I will be changing the shafts in are s300 however the current set I use have xp95 so I want to go to a shaft around the 90-100 gram weight in graphite. Is that any clearer?

Yes, that is. Is there a pro shop or store near you where you can go discuss options with them? Or are you going to order shafts and replace them yourself?

UST Mamiya is one graphite brand you'll see a lot of love for around here. You can use their "swing fit" guide here: https://www.ustmamiya.com/shaft-fitting/swing-fit/.

Another option would be the LZ Graphite from Project X, if you like that profile

Several graphite options out there, and as mentioned previously there is alot of "JUSTIFIED" love of the UST Mamiya Recoil product on the site.

I switched my XP100's for custom-colored Recoil Proto 125's and have been playing my best golf ever! I would recommend reading thru the comments and feedback for the various Recoil offerings, as well as for the other brands (Project X, Nippon, Steelfiber, etc.).

Personally, I swear by Recoils...have them in another set of irons too. I would also suggest watching for future events sponsored by THP and UST Mamiya as going thru a fitting back in June 2016 has cut 8-10 strokes off my average score...almost hard to believe really...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks to those that replied. I think I'll just end up selling and getting something after I've tried some recoils and steelfibers. Seems like a lot of effort to get the shafts, pull the old ones, trim and install the new ones.

I love my Recoils 780's which are 83 grams and I also have the Recoil 95's in my wedges and they are both fantastic shafts.
Highly recommend Recoils.

Anyone have a ballpark estimate on the cost to do this? I’m in a similar spot, XP 95 steel shafts and I’d like to get fit to see if anything gives me better numbers (graphite or steel). I know the cost of shaft can drive the price up a lot but assuming an average cost for the shafts, plus the fitting and labor any idea on what this would cost?

Back