DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts and prayers for all of those affected in DFW. You guys stay safe today. Looks like there is still some junk coming up from the South.

JM

Been looking at photos and news reports this morning. Can't believe that we had a tornado this time year.

Went to a Which Wich today for lunch and they were closed when I arrived. Note on the front door saying they were closed as the employees scheduled today were affected by the tornados last night and wouldn't be in. Crazy.

My wife's friend from work lives 2 streets over from the path the tornado took in Rowlett. They said they have numerous shingles gone but that's it, I hope they got the roof covered before the bulk of the rain hit today.

Thoughts and prayers guys. We drove through this on the way home and got lucky

I'm seeing 54* for Wednesday high. Any interest?

I'm seeing 54* for Wednesday high. Any interest?
Now this might work better for me. Just need to get back home today.

Sounds like it was bad - went online to look at our exterior cameras and we have some tree limbs down in the back yard but that is about it. Hope you all held up.

Cool; let's get a final tally tomorrow with an updated weather outlook and book something. I think a 11 AM tee time would be ideal for avoiding the cold as much as we can.

Cool; let's get a final tally tomorrow with an updated weather outlook and book something. I think a 11 AM tee time would be ideal for avoiding the cold as much as we can.
I may not be back in town yet. Sitting at the airport now, but with all the flight issues around the country, not sure when we will get home. It's always tough flying this time of year, but I've never experienced it being this crazy.

Have fun boys. I am heading back to KC super early tomorrow morning. Hopefully next time I am home, it is for good!

We made it home. Not sure how, but we did. Never seen flights so screwed up. Passengers were being told that the earliest some of them could get to their destinations was possibly Thursday. Had a group of Airforce cadets on our flight that are heading to San Antonio. They are all going to be stuck in DFW until at least Wednesday.
Now that I'm home, I can start thinking about some golf again.

We (SWA) operate around 3500 flights daily, and cancelled 440 flights yesterday due to weather. Already cancelled 122 for today. Loads are always full this time of year anyway, then throw in this crazy weather, and it's horrible for passengers.

We (SWA) operate around 3500 flights daily, and cancelled 440 flights yesterday due to weather. Already cancelled 122 for today. Loads are always full this time of year anyway, then throw in this crazy weather, and it's horrible for passengers.
Chicago must have been a complete icy mess yesterday. Flights were being canceled from every airline going into and coming out of there.

Today is turning into a nice day and tomorrow looks even better. So....who is up for the last round of 2015?

11AM?

Today is turning into a nice day and tomorrow looks even better. So....who is up for the last round of 2015?

11AM?

I'm game, what course do you have in mind?

I'm in town, so I'm willing to play. Let me know where to show up.

11AM?

I'm open on the course. Can do something via GolfNow or do the online through FW so we can walk without issue.

11AM?
I'm up for it.

Well there's 4. What about Grapevine? Would be centrally located for the folks in so far.

I like the sound of Grapevine. Centrally located.
Well there's 4. What about Grapevine? Would be centrally located for the folks in so far.

Wednesday, 12/30
Grapevine Golf course
11:03AM

1) #Cookie
2) djcoolaid1914
3) afwcardinal
4) BigTex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back