Ben Hogan Ft Worth Black Irons Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Really good review. Interesting finish and the feedback/sound was also something I noted. Who is the target golfer for these sticks. What handicap range. Great job

I hit these on a day that I was dialed in so they flew real nice for me. They are too unforgiving for my hacking but I would love to play around with them at the range for a while. Thanks for the review Dan.

Well written review. Looks like a must demo for the better striker.

Great review Dan! Really enjoyed reading it. It was actually was I was expecting to read knowing your skill level and my knowledge of the irons you were reviewing.

Great read Canadan. I was wondering about the feel of these, as I did play the PTx for a short time and they just weren't soft enough feeling for my liking. The marshmallow description says it all.

Great read Dan! Definitely not my target set of clubs, but man they look good!!

That was a great review Dan. It's great to see such positive feedback for Ben Hogan. I'd love to see them succeed in such a tough category and they have a real winner in these irons.

Awesome write-up Dan.

You had me with the DBM finish, V sole and progressive weighting in the irons.

Also the feedback in a players club is something I could be interested in for my next set.

Stay tuned as we will be giving a set of these heads away on social media next week.

I guess you and I are the only ones excited.
I kid I kid.

I saw @checkered comment on the homepage review (thanks, dude!).

Maybe some folks are humbled by the profile, but I stand by the reality that v-sole opens the door for a larger handicap range. They are stunning.

Bummed I didn’t try these at the Ultimate Weekend of golf

Maybe some folks are humbled by the profile, but I stand by the reality that v-sole opens the door for a larger handicap range. They are stunning.

Good looking review, Dan! I think that these would be fun to try and I'd like to see how the v-sole would improve my ball striking.

Yahmon, thanks for the review. I have wondered about them. They are great looking clubs. The v-sole is nice. I've still been playing my SCOR wedges with the v-sole and have loved them. I can only imagine how awesome it would be on all of the irons.

Back