Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
As mentioned in an earlier thread today starts the journey of a little golf destination creatively called Wisconsin 18....3 THP’ers and a guy who used to hang around here a bunch are about to tackle some of Wisconsin’s finest golf courses and it all begins today!

This afternoon Vortex and I are meeting in Green Lake, WI for a round on the links course at Lawsonia Links.

Tomorrow we’ll venture over to Whistling Straits where we’ll be joined by Buck (THP forum name Buckjob from back in the day) and Nate however due to scheduling conflicts Nate will just be showing up by the time we’re getting close to being done.

From there we head to Sand Valley where the 4 of us will play Mammoth Dunes and the Sand Box on Friday.

Saturday we’ll play Sand Valley before setting out to our next location....

Sunday Vortex leave us and we are joined by Markm778 and we’ll tee it up at Erin Hills!

We’ll post some pics here along the way, also follow my Instagram (jasonkunze74). I’ve decided to quit my job and be an Instagram celebrity so I need followers there too! Lol.

Any tips/tricks/must see/must do from those who’ve been around the areas we’re about to embark on would be welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And thread followed - have FUN out there, everyone!!!

Have fun out there Jake! Lots of pics!

I'm playing Lawsonia on Saturday! Can't wait to hear what you guys think of all these courses.

Nice choices there. I'm a bit jealous - haven't played any of the premiere WI courses this year, which is a first in many years.

Have fun guys. Wisconsin golf is legit!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun out there gents. Jake, it's been fun knowing you as a "normal" guy. Don't forget about us when you're an Instagram star!

Have a blast fellas. Can not wait to follow along

Looking forward to following along fellas! Those are some very nice courses and I can’t wait to see some pics. I’ll be fine following on IG also.

That sounds like a lot of fun playing my former home state.

Have a blast guys! I'm jealous I couldn't make it work to join in on the fun.

Hopefully the state puts up a good enough showing that you'll be willing to make a return trip some time.

Looking forward to lots of photos!

I'm looking forward to following along! The Lawsonia Links course is an absolute gem. Love the huge undulating, elevated greens.

Tips: Don't miss long or left on your approach shot on 1; otherwise, you'll be staring at a 15/20 foot wall. And a few holes have 10 foot mounds behind fairway bunkers. Try avoiding those bad boys. I found way too many of them my first time there... :act-up:

Wisconsin 18!

Leaving Madison for Green Lake in ~10 minutes. It’s damp in WI but we’re playing today!

3eb539643989c8513bf7f954da6ffd9c.jpg

Puttin4Bird and I are staying at the Heidel House on Green Lake. We selected their golf package for ~$230. Price includes room, $30 food credit and 2 rounds at Lawsonia Links. School started yesterday so it’s pretty quiet here. Pretty sure we’re going to have the course to ourselves too.

4e0f72636daf258f8c149f4c92f37bf2.jpg

f6862da3f6e18b19b4faaf2289063135.jpg

This will be a great follow! Tell Buck I said hello! Have a blast out there fellas

Very nice start to the trip, looks fantastic up there!

The links is a great course, have fun, travel safe, can't wait to follow along, I remember the first round you all played together at True Blue during the MC, crazy to think how long ago that was, so cool you all have kept the annual golf trip tradition alive!

f59112851eacd2d7070ecf792f641b90.jpg

Literally pulled up and tee’d off....#1 green. Don’t miss left!

Vortex hitting into the par 5 5th hole

a091b6af7fe66259145410ea873b1aec.jpg

Puttin4Bird in action on #6

e66649510b3f8db12668c4dcd21ff0a1.jpg

96feb708b4195985656dcfa1cb17ee7a.jpg

Approach on 6, fun course so far!

c987b533fd75a8d74edcdde951fde007.jpg

This sounds like an awesome and fun time! I'm crossing my fingers for your Insta-fame, @Puttin4Bird ! LOL. Once you get famous, you can just have a course on how to do it and then make even more money! :D

We’re going to give the box car hole a second try.

Back