What shaft manufacturer have you never tried?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Was thinking on this, there are a lot more shaft manufacturers out there than we often think about. Obviously because of the amazing events we have here with UST and TT/PX many lean that way in their shaft choices, but are there any out there you have never tried and would like to? Or, are there any out there you have​ tried but would like to give a closer look?

paderson

tpt

va

pretty sure i've hit something from all the others at some point

• Staff
I'll go! I'll go!

I actually want to try more PX, the EvenFlow didn't work out for me, but the new Smoke draws my interest.

Also, Aldila. I've played some things in the past (old NV series) and one of my first forum reviews here was the VooDoo, but I'd like to know more about the current lines and my swing.

An "out there" duo for me is also Accra and Paderson.

never tried modus or nippon anything but i'd like to learn about them.

I've never tried anything that didn't come from the factory on my clubs. Some day I'd like to get fitted for my driver, but can't justify the cost at this time.

paderson

tpt

va

pretty sure i've hit something from all the others at some point

Never have tried these 3 also. Don't think I have ever gamed an Aldila either. Probably a few others that I am not thinking of as well.

Oban and Accra come to mind

Graphite shafts I have never tried

Oban
Graphite Design

Aerotech, Paderson and Graphite Design

The Steelfiber shafts are very tempting but I’ve never tried them before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paderson, Aerotech, Xcaliber to name a few

Would be easier to list ones I have tried...

PX
Aldila

Graphite Design
Accra

Project X/hzrdus. I like the style but just never had an opportunity to get one. I have a UST Mamiya on my driver now which I love.

Graphite: Oban and LA Golf :angel: (TPT and Veylix have also interested me of those I haven't played, but price keeps me out)

Steel: Nippon, excited to go all in with True Temper here soon.

Embarrassed to say too many to count. Next on my must try list are GD, TPT, and Oban. Oh and whatever BAD and LA put out - I wanna try that too.

UST and TPT are the two that immediately come to mind!

Would be easier to list ones I have tried...

PX
Aldila

I'm in this same camp- I've not much experience with shafts, BUT happy to say I'll get to test something really unique here in a few weeks thanks to THP and LA Golf

Paderson, Aerotech, Xcaliber, Veylix and TPT come to mind.

Graphite Designs, TPT, Paderson come to mind immediately. I've tinkered with a bunch but never these.

Yep, much easier to say that I’ve only played Aldila and Mitsubishi in graphite and True Temper in steel.

Lots of others I’d like to try one day. I think a proper fitting would honestly be best.

Oban
TPT

TBT and Adilia have not been games by me. I have never been a fan of the Adilia shafts.

Paderson and Graphite Design
o.png

PX
Oban
Graphite Design
Aerotech

I’d say Graphite Design is a brand that I’ve never tried that I’ve always been curious about.

Back