How do you mark your ball?

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If using a white ball I will put 3 red dots in a V under the logo. Lots of times I am playing Truvis though.

How do you mark yours?

my initials. it's one continuous motion and kind of looks like hieroglyphics.

I use a model of ball that very few people use and it is yellow, also pretty uncommon at my club. So I seldom need to mark it.

On the rare occasions there's a similar ball in play by another guy in the group I write my initials on there with a black Sharpie. Am I boring or what?

(don't answer that)

I usually put a dot on the top right part of a logo's name on each side, but if no one else with me is playing the Truvis Stars & Stripes then I don't do anything.

No need to, I use either brilliant yellow or optix orange balls, and my playing partners all use white balls

I do two black dots under the Taylormade log on each side.

No need to, I use either brilliant yellow or optix orange balls, and my playing partners all use white balls

What if you hit your ball and had to search for it only to find it lying a yard or two from a ball that looked just like it? How would you ID it?

I've got my name plastered on the side of my ball so no need to mark it any further. I rarely run into any other BuckNastys out on the course.

Last year I bought personalized golf balls (and I will again next year instead of being cheap). If its not a monogrammed ball I but a neon green dot on either side of the numbers.

I do two black dots under the Taylormade log on each side.

What if you hit your ball and had to search for it only to find it lying a yard or two from a ball that looked just like it? How would you ID it?

Mine's the one not sitting behind the tree root, generally speaking ;-)

I mark it with my driver. :bananadance:

I usually put 4 dots in a diamond shape around the name/number.

I use Snells, which nobody seems to use around here, and draw a half circle around it for putting.

If I needed to, I'd draw a smiley face with horns and a halo - my daddy said "your halo is held up by your horns" to me when I was 7 :D

A pair of blue sharpie dots in side by side dimples. I do this in 3 places so a pair is always visible no matter what orientation my ball ends up in. I'll admit to an ulterior motive for marking them this way. My wife has blue eyes and thinks that it's sweet I mark my golf balls to think of her while I'm playing ... is it so wrong for me to use her belief to allow me get out and play more golf? :act-up:

Black sharpie dot between the name & number, and a line thru the pro v1 or duo soft for putting line 1/4 way around the ball.

four red dots around the number

I color in the Callaway chevron blue. A little something I picked up from Ian playing in the GD. If it’s a non-Callaway ball I usually just put three blue dots by each company logo.

Three blue dots in a triangle above the logo on both sides.

Everyone uses dots, one or many. I use my initials, one on either side of the number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For a casual round I don’t typically. For a tournament, I do multiple color polka dots all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaming Truvis, Snells or Srixons where I play is pretty uncommon so I never mark my balls.

three red dots below/to the right of the number

or one red dot below the number

or one blue dot below the number

If using a white ball I will put 3 red dots in a V under the logo. Lots of times I am playing Truvis though.

How do you mark yours?

I play Truvis - I do not have to mark them.

A triangle to the right side of the logo on opposite sides of the ball.

i use a cheap ball marker clip thing i bought and then sharpie the straight line for putting and then the cross (which i'm just guessing is for driver?). It's fast...and i go through a lot of balls FML

Line on one side and the number 42 on the other. If playing poorly I might write 137.

Back