Love Hate Golf Company

GC70

Reaction score
Handicap
Who is your love hate company?
This is just your opinion. I don't want this to turn in to a pissing match.

For me it would have to be TaylorMade!

I always believe in all their hype and marketing. Just to be let down year after year or should I say 6 months after 6 months of the same old crap. Plus I had some really bad interaction with them and even a fitting at the Kingdom....

I have to agree with you on Taylormade. Their stuff just doesn't work for me. I'm sure much of it is mental now but I tried using their woods for a while and had nothing but poor results.

Don't know that I hate them, but unhappy with Puma right now because of the issue with the shoes I had. (They did make it right and sent a replacement pair but of a different kind.)

I'm not sure I have a hate company in golf yet. I sure do love my Callaways though, and my SeeMore.

I don't have a love/hate with any OEM. I have preferences, but that's about it.

Cobra. I get excited about their clubs every year. And then I try them and I'm let down by the performance.

That said _ I have an F8 driver on the way to my house today. I never learn.

It's gotta be TaylorMade for me. Loved the R15 430. Loved the M1 430. Loved that one so much I didn't even get the M1 440 in 2017. Got the new M3 440 and couldn't get along with it. I love the way the crown looks at address, but dang if I can hit that club straight to save my life. It was not my friend.

Love the wedges I'm playing but have never been fond of their irons. I am intrigued with the P790's but not so intrigued that I have them (yet).

I'm a blade man with putters so their spiders have never done anything for me.

Thought I loved the TP5x but am finding it too spinny. There are better and cheaper options out there for me.

Taylormade. Loved the look of the R1 and I bought it brand new. Could never find the right shaft head combo and sold the club less than a year after I bought it. Love the look of their clubs, but performancewise we just don't click.

I love em all. New and improved, shiny. Tech gets better n better. Same for every oem, more fun to enjoy them all than hate any of them imo.

No love/hate combo, just like or dislike.

Titleist for me. I like their stuff a ton, but the air of elitism that historically came from the brand turned me off a bit. I think that's gotten significantly better these days.

After a piss poor customer service issue Cobra has been on the outs with me. I wouldnt use the word "hate" but I just wont spend money on their stuff.

Titleist for me. I like their stuff a ton, but the air of elitism that historically came from the brand turned me off a bit. I think that's gotten significantly better these days.

This ^^^^

agree with @moosejaa, nothing to rise to the level of "hate."

i felt that way about tm with the ballzy era then sldr then jetspeed. i still have a bias against their irons because i feel like they were great for awhile, then really fell off. but i'm back on board with the m series of woods and p series of irons.

i had a pretty bad experience with ping that soured me on their clubs. i still think they are overhyped, and although i'm a fanboy of other oems, for whatever reason the ping fanboy group can be a bit much.

callaway clubs have let me down many times, i think because of their tendency to be too low spin. yet i keep trying, and think very positively of them as a brand.

After a piss poor customer service issue Cobra has been on the outs with me. I wouldnt use the word "hate" but I just wont spend money on their stuff.

how recent was this?

I'd have to go with Taylormade.
I just can't stand their marketing and I haven't really liked anything they have made.

I know some guys who adore TM but they don't have a spot in my bag.

Since joining THP I really don’t have a hate company any more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is your love hate company?
This is just your opinion. I don't want this to turn in to a pissing match.

For me it would have to be TaylorMade!

I always believe in all their hype and marketing. Just to be let down year after year or should I say 6 months after 6 months of the same old crap. Plus I had some really bad interaction with them and even a fitting at the Kingdom....

Has TaylorMade really had a release cycle like that in years? They seem to be pretty steady on the 12 months.

I love em all. New and improved, shiny. Tech gets better n better. Same for every oem, more fun to enjoy them all than hate any of them imo.

It’s not really hate, it’s more like why did I try it again. Or I hate them because I keep spending money on them.

Has TaylorMade really had a release cycle like that in years? They seem to be pretty steady on the 12 months.

Sorry JB. Yes they are getting better with that.

Sorry Jory!

Love Hate Golf Company

Sorry folks, Callaway for me (although I don’t hate them, I just look elsewhere first).

#FiberLaunch

Sorry JB. Yes they are getting better with that.

Sorry Jory!

No apologies to me, I dont care what people like or dont like, I was just curious if I had missed something, because since SLDR launch, they seem to be pretty set on 12 month cycles.

It's Titleist for me. I like everything about them, and want to game one. But Everytime I have tested the against others they never win out.

My experience it a little different I guess given that I interacted with them on a daily basis for 4 years.

For here in Canada, it would be Cobra/Puma. Regionally, they had great representation, however when it came to warranty stuff, they were almost always the most difficult.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back