Do you see the clubhead hit the ball?

Pretty sure I close my eyes just in case I make contact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not even sure my eyes are open at impact.
You know, I was going to say the same thing, honestly.

I have no clue what I am looking at during the moment of impact.

Lots of interesting responses.
The reason I asked, is that occasionally I think (or I think I think) that I see the clubhead just at or a millisecond before impact, and these all (if recalled correctly) seemed like they were my best shots at that time.
Simpy a result of keeping focus on the ball?
Expectation bias?
Pure-D luck?
I couldn't tell you.

I don't. No idea what my eyes are doing or seeing at impact.

Only off the putter when I'm putting well.

putting and foot wedge.

I don't think I do.

I blackout on my downswing. Makes it fun that way so I can get excite when the ball goes where I intend it to go when I come to.

No chance. Even hard to see during chipping or pitching.

No, but I use the thought of seeing the club hit the ball when I find myself coming out of the shot. It seems to help with my impact and ball flight.

I tend to try and be a bit hazy when I make contact. My brain focuses far more on the sound than it does the ball because it's (in my opinion) impossible to really see much.

I know where I am focused on the ball leading up to the moment of impact, but I don't see the club hit the ball.

No not a chance

Negative

Too fast of a transaction, I know some cameras that can't pickup the impact.

I focus on my small target on the ball, swing, and the ball is gone. That's what I'm supposed to do anyway, when I don't it usually doesn't work out well.

I do if I keep my head down. I can go by feel or the way it takes off the face, IF my head is down.

the goal is to see it , but honestly cant say I recall actually seeing it hit and leave the club. But I think its more about looking at the spot where the ball was even after its gone. Its more like there one second...gone the next so I'll just call it "seeing the ball disappear"

Is it possible to see contact? Fascinating thought though.
Will try it out the next time I am on the course.

I don't think it's physically possible, considering the speed of the club head!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the only way to actually see the club hit the ball is possibly if one were to actually follow the clubhead with your eyes. This would be possible (I think) except for the fact that the club is over your head so one cant ever get to view the clkubhead from its start of the downswing. If we were theoretically able to see the club head from the top of the swing it wouldn't be that hard to follow it because from inside (closest to center) of the swing circle our eyes won't have to move too fast to follow it. The swing speed at the club head on the outside edge of a circle (far away from its core) is only whats moving fast. From the inside (center) that speed only but a fraction. But anyway we cant see the clubhead to begin with so it doesnt work. ...so I think the best we can ever do is basically see the ball disappear. Hence my little quote - There one sec...gone the next.

I consciously try to watch the ball hit the club face. But the transition is just way to fast for my eyes to pick up. On a chip shot or putt I feel like I see the ball hit the club.

Back