How much practice do you do?

Doubleb21

2022 Grandaddy Team 5150 member 2020 AZTHP Champ
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So i'm just getting back into golf after a lot of years away. I was never very good but i am taking lessons once a week now. My wife is also in lessons and is totally loving it. We have tried to go to the range at least three times a week so far. We always get there two times for sure. How much practice do you do? What is the routine for sharpening your swing and keeping it in check?

Brian

Once during the week. Usually on Wednesday's.

For example this evening I'm taking my nephew to our night course. Going to chip and hit the range for about 30 minutes then walk 9 holes. Pretty simple and stress free.

Not near enough, I will spend about 1/2 before a round on range, putting green and chipping green if available. I do quite a bit of house putting.

Not enough practice

Last year i did at least 2 hours a week

This year lucky to get 30 minutes

Not even close to enough. I was doing good earlier in the year, but with the wifey going in the hospital in late may/early June, everything changed in our routine and I just don't find the time anymore. I'm probably lucky my game is holding up as much as it has.

Leading up to the THP Championship and the Grandaddy I would get in maybe 2-3 hours of practicing a week.

Now? Maybe 2-3 hours per 3 month span. I haven't seen the range in forever and when I do it's 10 mins before I tee off. I would call that warming up rather than actual practice.

tenor.gif

Four to six hours per week. That is range, practice green, putting green.

I am going to stay at it. I wont be taking my wife out on a course till after a few more lessons so that gives her and i some time for practice. I'm trying to not just swing away but take my time and make good swings.It is the most fun and frustrating thing ever loL! She gets no help on putting as she whips me every time we have a putting contest.

Back