Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
The following is a release on the new Callaway XR OS Hybrids:

The XR OS Hybrids are designed to perfectly complement the XR OS Irons, and they’ll give players an extreme amount of forgiveness and great ball flight trajectories. We’ve combined our industry-leading, category-defining Face Cup for high ball speeds and maximum distance, more versatility, and a larger head shape to get the most forgiveness and great launch with more draw bias. It’s the perfect hybrid for golfers who are looking to elevate their game.

Features & Benefits

• High Ball Speed & Forgiveness Across The Face With Our Industry-Leading Face Cup - Our Forged Hyper Speed Face Cup has redefined distance and ball speed in the hybrid category, and we put it in the XR OS. It’s built to give you more speed and forgiveness across the face so that you get the most distance out of each shot.

• Extreme Forgiveness In A Wider Head Design - We used a larger head to create higher MOI for maximum forgiveness. It has a look that gives you confidence over the ball, and it’s built for great ball flight trajectories. We’ve also made it higher launching and draw biased so that it’s easier for you to turn the ball over.

• More Versatility - They give you the versatility to hit good shots from all lies with our keeled utility sole. These hybrids are going to be a go-to club for you off the tee, the fairway or out the rough.

Release Date: 1/22/16

Models: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Price: $219.99

Videos:

[video=youtube;3OW7Aj2T-5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OW7Aj2T-5o&feature=youtu.be[/video]

xr-os-hybrid-address-2016-5x7-RGB-L.jpg

xr-os-hybrid-face-2016-5x7-RGB-L.jpg

xr-os-hybrid-sole-a-2016-5x7-RGB-L.jpg

xr-os-hybrid-sole-b-2016-5x7-RGB-L.jpg

xr-os-hybrid-toe-2016-5x7-RGB-L.jpg

Lifestyle-CMP_Studio-Xr-L.jpg

I was really excited until I got to "more draw bias".

If there's one club I don't need help turning left it's my hybrid.

• Staff
I was really excited until I got to "more draw bias".

If there's one club I don't need help turning left it's my hybrid.

Go hit the Apex then, trust me.

The XR 4H was such a good fit for me. Im curious to see how this competes

As soon as we get back to THP HQ we will have in hand pictures in this thread.

Curious to hear how these differ and perform as compared to the original XR as I wasn't a fan of those. Look pretty similar but that doesn't mean much with how quickly tech advances these days.

I might have to do that. They would look good in the bag next to the CF16s I just picked up.

Great looking hybrid for sure.

Any chance you can take side by side pictures with the original XR? I have the 3-6 XR hybrids that aren't going anywhere. I just wish they made a 7, and it looks like there is an OS 7 hybrid available. If the shape is similar, or "falls in line" with the originals (meaning, the 7 XR OS hybrid won't be a lot bigger than the original 6 XR), I may be forced to get it. Thanks!

Good looking hybrid, I wasn't a fan of the look at the toe but it has grown on me with the apex

Those look good and from the sound of it they will complement the XR iron set quite nicely

For some reason ever since the X2 Hot I haven't been able to find a callaway hybrid that really worked or suited my eye, but when I saw these at address, they screamed hit me, I can't wait to try them out.

I'm always looking for a long, forgiving hybrid or two. I can't really hit a 4 iron consistently anymore anyways.

Draw bias in a hybrid is something I know I'd like. My miss is a fade usually, so if I had more confidence that it's going to go straight or a slight draw, then most of the time that's going to be to my benefit, personally.

Been looking for the right hybrid, maybe the new XR OS is the ticket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Curious to hear how these differ and perform as compared to the original XR as I wasn't a fan of those. Look pretty similar but that doesn't mean much with how quickly tech advances these days.

These are just a more game improvement model. As my rep described it, basically a more forgiving XR.

I really like my XR hybrids. More than even the Adams a12OS hybrids which used to be my favorites. And light years better than the Razr X hybrids which I still have. And these are more forgiving? Sounds good to me.

Anyone know how they made it draw biased ? Weighting or offset or both ?

Glad to see these will be sold separately. I read a rumor where they were only going to be offered as part of the combo iron set.

Anyone know the lengths of these ? Sounded like they are meant to integrate with the irons well. Was curious if they were a little shorter in length.

Stock shaft is a Fubuki. I like the sound of that

I just ordered a 20 degree apex hybrid, can I blame that on you please :)

Back to the XR OS hybrid, I think this club would be awesome for my buddy dadio, Dan I am going to be your enabler :)

Anyone know how they made it draw biased ? Weighting or offset or both ?

Glad to see these will be sold separately. I read a rumor where they were only going to be offered as part of the combo iron set.

Weighting most likely.

Anyone know the lengths of these ? Sounded like they are meant to integrate with the irons well. Was curious if they were a little shorter in length.

NAMELOFTAVAILABILITYLENGTHLIESWING WEIGHT
3H19°RH / LH40.50″58.50°D1
4H22°RH / LH39.75″59.25°D1
5H25°RH / LH39.00″60.00°D1
6H28°RH Only38.25″60.75°D1
7H31°RH Only37.50″61.50°D1

Good looking hybrids there. Love my XR hybrid and I'm sure the OS will be a solid upgrade.

Looking forward to this.

These have my attention. Draw bias is something I need.

Jman --> thanks for posting the specs above. Much appreciated

Back